Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

Re: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

Just like everything else where someone can get their knickers in a twist. It's not fair to him or you so let's just stop letting it work so everybody can be unoffended. Why not just remove the whole fecking FS/FT/WTB section so everyone can be protected from harm? I still can't understand how asking a question about an item for sale destroys the FS section. Because it is unfairly moved over to the front of the line? Really? Because it places valuable information about the expiration date of some old film or the state of cleaning marks on some lens into a non-permanent knowledge base? Questions are a part of a sale. They are a part of a purchase. Why the moderators are required to have their fingers or tongues involved in simple questions about condition or suitability is far beyond me. If you have posted an item for sale and it gets buried because people are more interested in something else that is for sale why is that a problem for everyone? That's how it goes, maybe your Wooden 4x5 film holders without dark slides aren't the cats pajamas.

Selling is not always easy or pleasant. People have questions. Why is this a problem? Just charge a dollar for every ad and leave us to our own unruly devices. If you think having chatter on an ad is a problem place your ad and lock the thread. If this is still a untenable hardship get the feck out.

Bob - sick of hearing how awful normal commerce intruding on these precious classifieds is - OMFG already.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Hey Bob. How much do you want for those film holders?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Hey Bob. How much do you want for those film holders?
    How many times do we have to tell you? NO DISCUSSION IN A CLASSIFIEDS THREAD! This should be discussed in the relevant forum.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...21#post1354421

Oh sorry. I'll send a PM. Or maybe open a conversation.

PM sent.

I've not gotten your PM yet Brian, but I have reserved the holders for you.

I think the non-archival quality of discussions in the FS forums (which may be informative) is a good point.

My point though is that the FS forum can be an interesting and 'presently active' information place. Where 'in the moment' information was shared, that was interesting and informative (I had more fun reading through active FS chatter and adding things to my wish-list than I do going through old reviews. I can look at reviews when I get serious about buying something).

I miss the fun reading and learning that happened there. Fun discussion wasn't always to be had in the darkroom, cameras, lenses sub-forums.

As for bumping . . . tell people to sort the listings as they want = solution via user gumption.
    (aka leave the sorting default as the current 'date posted', and those who like to see discussion can change to 'last post')

(PS, thanks for the chuckle bryan and bob)
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

Even discussion in the appropriate forum seems to be potentially non-archival....

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...21#post1354421

Which is a shame because both Brian's last and my last response gave me a chuckle.

And I would add that "historical" asking and sales prices of items in various conditions (with such condition clarified via questions and answers) could be at least equally valuable in several years time as what developing times are best for Efke 50 in Microdol-X 1:1.

What a heavy-handed action! Moving it would have been more rationale, I think.

I was laughing at myself too Bob.

Well shame on us. This is serious business. Well not business, definitely not business, this is information. Serious information we've now contaminated with levity.