Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

Re: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    I don't know about the remaining members, but when I check in here it appears there are 4-5 active posters....compared to a vibrant, energetic forum of 5 years ago.
    Agreed. Used to be a good place to learn and share. Now, even Jim Galli gets banned.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen View Post
    Agreed. Used to be a good place to learn and share. Now, even Jim Galli gets banned.

Charley
    Jim Galli has been banned from the forum? When/why did that happen??

Well Paul..................

I've seen a post from him and he (now) only intends to post on 'Photrio' and not on here - this is a guy who has significantly contributed on here, to put it mildley, so I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would appreciate some more info..............?

Andrew

I'm trying to offer some things for sale for those few LF photographers out there. Maybe we can have a short version of just the facts, rather than the "white paper" version of hundreds of words? Shoot, I can't even FIND the rules again, every time I look. Um....you'd think you could put it at the top of the FS section as sticky, like all other forums do?

It's so difficult here to try to read pages of rules and figure out:
    - Can I bump my for sale post, ever? I thought the rule was every 30 days, but that's going by memory.
    - What is the amount I can lower my price by? I know there is some rule of it must be xxx%, but again....where is that rule written?
    - Is uploading a new picture of the item, a week later, after getting PM'd questions, against the rules?
    - Do you REALLy want things sold here, or is this remnant of the site just for a few admins that just like enforcing rules?

WELL, I'M definitely with Garrett on this (as I usually am), there seems to have been an unnecessary pettiness (to put it as pleasantly as is possible) on here re 'FS' ads - I have NOW STOPPED listing any lenses - why ? I ran into Oren on more than one instance in deleting my Posts, I couldn't for the life of me understood the logic and so after a couple of instances of this happening, I'm no longer bothering and the more
    members on here that feel the same will end up pretty well destroying the 'FS' side of what used to be (and albeit can still be) a fantastic Forum and Resource

regards to all

Andrew
    Last edited by Andrew Plume; 30-Apr-2020 at 14:10. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    Well Paul..................

I've seen a post from him and he (now) only intends to post on 'Photrio' and not on here - this is a guy who has significantly contributed on here, to put it mildley, so I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would appreciate some more info..............?

Andrew
    Andrew, Jiim is hardly posting there, except to sell. He and I haven't communicated directly for a while, but I think he's moving on. Retired, finally, and getting deeper into old cars.

Thx Dan, yes you're probably spot on but there's 'the ban issue' which I deliberately avoided mentioning

regards to you, as an invaluable Member on here and stay safe etc etc

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    WELL, I'M definitely with Garrett on this (as I usually am), there seems to have been an unnecessary pettiness (to put it as pleasantly as is possible) on here re 'FS' ads - I have NOW STOPPED listing any lenses - why ? I ran into Oren on more than one instance in deleting my Posts, I couldn't for the life of me understood the logic and so after a couple of instances of this happening, I'm no longer bothering and the more
    members on here that feel the same will end up pretty well destroying the 'FS' side of what used to be (and albeit can still be) a fantastic Forum and Resource

regards to all

Andrew
    You are a gentleman and a scholar. I was taking my wife to your great country for our 30 yr anniversary this year, and would have loved to have met up. Alas, the virus has postponed that. But hope to try again soon. Always nice comments and content from you, Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    [I]...I'm going to throw another public tantrum rather than PM the moderators to find out what the problem is" schtick gets really old.....
    Works both ways bud. I don't think you do a lot of PMing to explain my transgressions. You delete first, ask questions later. It seems admonishment in public is preferred, like above. Good moderation!

Rhetorical questions: What drove the members away from this forum? For sale adds that broke some back room decisions of rules, that no members got to vote on? Or excessive moderation vehemence enforcing said rules? Did activity die out about 2016 when these rules were enacted? No need to answer.

Rhetorical questions: What drove the members away from this forum? For sale adds that broke some back room decisions of rules, that no members got to vote on? Or excessive moderation vehemence enforcing said rules? Did activity die out about 2016 when these rules were enacted? No need to answer.
    Garrett, its time for a cold shower.

Please remember that QT Luong owns this forum, pays its expenses and sets the rules. Members don't own it, don't pay its bills and don't set the rules. I'm grateful to QT. You should be too.

(Shrek)

Internet forums rise and fall, come and go. Nothing is forever, nothing can stay frozen in time. For better or worse this forum has changed since I started coming here, and will continue to change after I leave. Life is too short to point fingers and accuse other people of ruining a forum, especially one as stable and long-lived as this one, and remarkably free of spam and obnoxious trolling. I am grateful for what I have learned here, for the people who keep it running and pay the bills, and no I don't bother listing a lot of things for sale here because if the for-sale forum isn't an important part of the community, I would just as soon try to get more money on fleabay.