Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 20х24" enlarger

Re: 20х24" enlarger

Perfect. Let me repeat some photos.

The enlarger skeleton

LEDs module with a heating (or cooling) system will weight about 80 kg itself. Contains 15552 LEDs. Fans will be switched ON only with a white light for focusing, and will be automaticaly switched OFF during the exposure.

LED cold light source, mixing box and a negative carrier will be with a rotating mode to 90 degrees - portrait and landscape orientation.

That heavy duty stick should be powerfull enough to rotate about 100kg (LEDs + Negative carrier)

Fans on two sides. From one side - blows in, and blows out - from another. Only in focusing mode, and may be some seconds after to cool down the light source before the main exposure.

It's not possible to create a normal radiator behind the LED light source cause of the unbelievable weight and costs of the aluminum plate )) That's why we'll use fans and 4 special heaters (coolers) on the corners, which are perfectly produced with a waves inside for better air cooling.

I am completely impressed with this new information, I do not see yet how you plan to keep the negative flat and in synch with the wall you are exposing, but judging from what
    I am seeing here you have something clever in mind.

If this enlarger is for sale in future, I am predicting it would be over 50thousand Euro's without even breathing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I am completely impressed with this new information, I do not see yet how you plan to keep the negative flat and in synch with the wall you are exposing, but judging from what
    I am seeing here you have something clever in mind.

If this enlarger is for sale in future, I am predicting it would be over 50thousand Euro's without even breathing hard.
    Thanks, Bob!
    It's hard to estimate the total cost of the project now. But, hopefully, the price would be less than 50 thousands euros )) We'll see. All the prices you can check on the heilandelectronic.de website.

So, the next part is a mixing box.

It's not really necessary to mix the light from the LEDs, because it is diffused enough itself. Mixing box - it's a kind of gap in between the Light source and a Negative carrier to stop the warm air from the LEDs. Plus of course to mix a little bit the light with a milk glass.

Mixing box will fits the LED cold light source with a special screws, like Durst were put on some years ago. Mr. Heiland was very lucky to find some of them on the market.

On the borders of the Mixing box there are special wings to lead away the warm air.

Thanks for re-posting the pictures.This looks a really well thought out project.
    Oops I can't see the pictures in yesterdays post.
    Am anxious to see finished project(probably not as anxious as you),please keep us up to date.
    Don

So, the next part is a mixing box.

It's not really necessary to mix the light from the LEDs, because it is diffused enough itself. Mixing box - it's a kind of gap in between the Light source and a Negative carrier to stop the warm air from the LEDs. Plus of course to mix a little bit the light with a milk glass.

Mixing box will fits the LED cold light source with a special screws, like Durst were put on some years ago. Mr. Heiland was very lucky to find some of them on the market.

On the borders of the Mixing box there are special wings to lead away the warm air.

Quote Originally Posted by blindpig View Post
    Thanks for re-posting the pictures.This looks a really well thought out project.
    Oops I can't see the pictures in yesterdays post.
    Am anxious to see finished project(probably not as anxious as you),please keep us up to date.
    Don
    Thanks, Don!

I'm really sorry for the pictures. As we have an analogue project I'm not very good in digital technologies )))

Thanks for re-posting pictures.This is a fascinating project and I understand completely your computer problems as I'm an analog guy myself.

Next - negative carrier. Up to now we have no idea how to create it glassless. We also tried to fix the 20x24 negative on one glass, and and there were always some waves on the negative. It looks like that it's not possible to have a flat vertical 20x24'' negative without two glasses. May be (very small chance) one glass and a special magnet frame... But we need to test it...

Many thanks to Stefan Diller for his negative for tests.

The main idea - AN glass below and the museum glass above the negative. Total weight is about 14-15kg.

If only one glass below and a special frame with magnets which will pull the negative to one direction - the weight will be about 12 kg - and it's still very heavy.
    So, probably we'll stop our discoveries on two glasses: AN and museum.

LED dust inspection system will be installed inside the negative carrier!

We'll start the production, and will keep in our minds a glassless ideas. And maybe inspiration will visit us one day ))