Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Revolution- Washington, New Orleans and Toronto

Alternative Revolution- Washington, New Orleans and Toronto

We are in the midst of preparing a three city tour of prints , all done in Alternative Process through my company.

There has been questions from some as to how to join the Revolution by submitting prints that are done by other printers than myself. I did not have a good
    answer for these questions , but now have sorted out an idea that may work. If you want to join the revolution with your own prints we will have a fee for Marketing, Shipping and Matting( consistent presentation)
    Contact me with your idea of print and process and we will respond with details on how to make this work. bob@bobcarnieprintmaking.ca

The link below is highlighting our first city Washington or Glen Echo DC , we will follow up with details of the New Orleans group shortly , and of course plug our fine city Toronto and our involvement in the Contact Photo Festival.

Hard dates are still being set for opening and events surrounding the revolutions visits and will follow on this thread. Presently we think last weekend March 2017 and first weekend April 2017- followed by a one month exhibit at The Dylan Ellis Gallery as part of Contact.
    I hope to meet a lot of you in Washington or New Orleans and you can see a large body of work from Canadian artists as well some of our brothers and sisters from this international site. ( you will mistake me for Brad Pitt so I must warn you I am approachable)

https://dylanellisgallery.wordpress....washington-dc/

New Orleans, LA

Re: Alternative Revolution- Washington, New Orleans and Toronto

Bob, We are looking forward to having this exhibit in New Orleans!

As we are visiting -
    I think we will have a really nice time.
    already we have over 15 participants getting work.
    Carissa is trying to get hold of you btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Bennett View Post

bob,

any plans to send the exhibit to other cities after may 2017? is that a possibility?

jvo

We are trying to set something up with Montreal, what we do need is photo groups , photo alliances like in Washington and New Orleans, that have
    some infrastructure to accommodate us.
    We are trying to expand our Circuit of Gallery's and are very open to work with all groups that see what we do as viable.

Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post
    bob,

any plans to send the exhibit to other cities after may 2017? is that a possibility?

jvo

Here is an update featuring information about New Orleans .

Carissa is going to both locations in October to set up the details, we are very excited about visiting the two regions in United States. Canadians can get buck
    crazy with the long winters we endure so I expect a bunch of us will visit either one or both.

The plan is to take down 40 - 60 customized Alternative Prints as well a large assortment of portfolios of work of artists up here.

https://dylanellisgallery.wordpress....n-new-orleans/

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    We are trying to set something up with Montreal, what we do need is photo groups , photo alliances like in Washington and New Orleans, that have
    some infrastructure to accommodate us.
    We are trying to expand our Circuit of Gallery's and are very open to work with all groups that see what we do as viable.

bob,

what "infrastructure" is it that you are looking for?

jvo

For this type of venture, we need a dedicated group to help us with marketing, promotion, and help secure a location to house our show.

We would typically be open to renting a venue space , as we have all our own easels and lighting,

So some things needed would be help as you see Washington group and New Orleans group provided us.

If the group wants us to provide a workshop then of course a bit more is required from the host city.

Where are you located?

So we are well underway, with this exciting project. To date we have a large group of images being prepped, we also have four recipients of spots into our event, We have chosen artists from Washington, New Orleans, Toronto and Quebec. They will represent their respective communities along side us.

Carissa our project manager is travelling to both locations to meet with both New Orleans and Washington, she is excited to meet our southern friends and we are quite confident this revolution will be a great experience for all.

I have a small pdf that explains a bit further what we are doing, we do have an option for Artists to supply a print and join our show.

This revolution is an idea to expand, our next projects revolve around an East Coast (Canada location) two Quebec locations and back to Toronto.
    If you feel you are part of a photo group that want at some point join this revolution or bring it to your neck of the woods please contact me directly .

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...a-814768d23ea5

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Bennett View Post
    +1, pls let us know locations and dates once known! Luis