Thread: Bogen 3047 deluxe 3-way

Bogen 3047 deluxe 3-way

good afternoon....i have recently purchased the Bogen 3047 head...it is used ,but is in very good condition....I would like a copy of the manual for this head...for all the visual good-looks, the base will not rotate and the quick-release is stiff as a board....I do not want to force anything, so a manual should show me the road map to success...

Thank you....Tom Austin
    Texas

Re: Bogen 3047 deluxe 3-way

IIRC there is no manual. Y'r new treasure is less than 100%.

Thanks..fortunately, in Houston, we have a long time business called Land, Sea and Sky...they are first class with optics and hardware.....I'm sure I could screw this up, so I will drive down and let the pros take a look.... again, thanks for the response.....tom

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

An oldy but a goody. That head could date from the mid-1980's. There is a site that had parts but most aren't available any longer. Maybe it just needs to be stripped down and cleaned. Have you seen this:

http://m.wikihow.com/Take-Apart-a-Bo...47-Tripod-Head

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    An oldy but a goody. That head could date from the mid-1980's. There is a site that had parts but most aren't available any longer. Maybe it just needs to be stripped down and cleaned. Have you seen this:

http://m.wikihow.com/Take-Apart-a-Bo...47-Tripod-Head

thank you....i expect a full cleaning will revive this head....there are no marks or other signs of abuse.....i could use it now with some diminished capabilities....will likely shoot some pics on Monday......again, thanks, tom