Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Magnificent scenery orgaph

I haven't done any hiking this year so far. Normally I have. But some from a past hike.

Wallace Falls Hike by tuco, on Flickr

Wallace Falls Hike by tuco, on Flickr

Flickr
    My kids on the Col de la Seigne, during the Tour du Mont Blanc, through France, Italy, Switzerland
    Rolleiflex / Tri -X / print on Foma Variant lll FB

From a hike in June of 2019...finally got around to printing it. 5x7 platinum/palladium print. 180mm lens, f16 @ 1 second, FP4+ in PyrocatHD

A group of friends who have been working together in one way or another for the land since the 70s. Paynes Lake, Russian Wilderness, CA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mountainmen2.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    A group of friends
    Very glad to see three of them rocking the polypro/shorts look--definitely works for the Kiwi's, though in my experience it's a bit "fashion forward" for the bear hunters and sang poachers I come across here in the Southern Appalachia's.

I've done some tramping with Kiwis in the Southern Alps in the winter. Just shorts, mate, we did not have those poly shorts in the mid70s. The tussock grass is long and has almost a razor's edge. On cold mornings, the snow-encrusted grass leaning across the track felt like it was slicing into your bare legs...but no blood, no foul. But later on, one was going to be crossing back and forth braided rivers, so long pants would just kept one's legs wet and cold longer.

Ah, the good old days. I wore my blue suede basketball shoes (Converse) without socks going kayaking for my first time in NZ during that same time. My feet were dyed blue for a couple weeks.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

basketball shoes (Converse)
    Ha, plenty of first time wading "boots" consisted of a pair of Chucks with carpet glued to the soles. At any rate, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not quite so burly as the New Zealanders and Rhodesians when it comes to going bare-legged into the bush.

I've been wearing shorts a little less these days...often a light pair of long pants from Christmas to mid February. Otherwise long pants rub the hair off my knees and they get cold.

Most of my hiking in my 20s were done in a pair of lederhosen. Great for sliding down snow patches, sitting on sharp rocks, etc. Good temperature range. Eventually the sweat down my back ate the leather.

the hair off my knees and they get cold.
    I thought that was what cruiser axes were for. At any rate, in this semitropical ecosystem I'd think I'd ask the lederhosen-clad gents to stay downwind...

Fine in the Pacific NW, mountains, and desert -- but at the time never got into tropical climates with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    That's an impressive body of work, but I think I'd vote this one as the best in the entire set.
    Agreed!