Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Van Nes View Post
    Adox keeps promising a replacement but have yet to see it out and on the shelves. Very nice print by the way.
    Thank you Ray. I haven't been able to get any Adox MCC 110 paper at all in the last year, so the promises seem empty. The last Foma Variant lll I had to order (& no free shipping) from B&H took 3 months. I really liked Forte Polywarmtone. The highlight separation for snow and skies was superb. Incidentally, the last of my 11x14 stash was given to me by Craig Richards...when he made the move over to Foma.

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Took the electric cargo bike on a test ride with the 5x7 -- about 20 miles of single track, dirt road and for the last 5 miles on the road. The trail starts from the road through Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, about 5 miles up the parkway from the headquarters. I started off with a short ride thru incredible redwoods, a little uphill as one rides a ridge. Then there is a 1100 foot drop in almost than a mile down to the beach. I hiked over to the Ossagon Rocks with the 5x7 for an image and to put my feet in the ocean (hot day!)

Then it was a ride along the bluffs. The trail follows an old stagecoach route, keeping close to the bluffs. The bike proved to be a beast to get over fallen trees, once having to unpack the bike. Some tricky parts, a couple semi-controlled falls. The bike has a 'walk' mode -- good for helping get the bike thru deep sand, mud and/or sections too crazy to ride.

I timed it well. Left home at noon (50 mile drive) and started riding at about 1:30. Photographing, struggling with the bike over deadfalls, visiting waterfalls, and such, I reached the mouth of Fern Canyon (civilization and the dirt road) late enough that most tourists had left for the day and the next few miles of dirt road was dust-free. I had dinner (crackers, goat cheese, apple, carrot juice) sitting on a piece of driftwood, watching the light over the ocean...hard to tell the time, no phone/watch and the fog was low and sitting out off the coast, hiding the sun. Distance-wise, I was only half-way. So it was back up over the coastal hills, first on the dirt road, then a trail though second growth, back to the park headquarters and the last 5 miles of pavement --with maybe only 5 cars passing by, and it was completely dark getting back to my van. Perfect.

I took 5 sheets of film, came back with one unexposed...saved one just in case I came across Elvis riding an elk being chased by aliens...ya never know...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BikeLoad2.jpg   GoldBluff1.jpg   GoldDustFall.jpg   _DSC7356.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China