Thread: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

LIke this

There is a tool-less method of viewing stereo images

I have done it, but I don't need more eyestrain
    Tin Can

Fun, Ken!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    That is really nice Vaughn.
    Thanks. It is a nice size area all like this -- although some of it does have some poison oak hidden in it...still waiting to see if I got any as it takes about 3 days for it to show up on me and that is about now...and I am suspecious...poison oak inch, or mosquito...
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Heading off for a photographic adventure soon...five days up Redwood Creek (Redwood Nat. Park) over the 4th of July (Thurs to Monday). Early morning I'll drive ten miles past the road to the trailhead and drop some friends, then return to the road going down to the trailhead. They go cross-country and we'll meet up in a couple days where I'll be base camping several miles up the creek. I'll take the 5x7 and 6 holders loaded with Tri-X...and use them wisely! Not much photographing hiking in and out (though not ruled out) so three days of solid photography, except possible one day with friends exploring where camera use will not be a priority. So two solid days, six sheets each day. There will be strong up-canyon wind in the afternoons, mosquitos under the redwoods, deep crystal clear pools to swim in, tales to swap...hopefully I do not come back with unexposed film! If I am lucky, heavy fog will drift up from the ocean in the dark morning hours and the cathedral groves will be lit wonderfully until the sun rises high enough to burn the fog's ass and send it flowing back to the sea.

Not taken on a hike, but on a ride on my new camera transportation unit (electric cargo bike) -- about 1700 feet above town, the fog coming up the Mad River Valley.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FogMadRiver2.jpg  

Drew Wiley

The color along the drying coastal fringe is exquisite this time of year, though I'm not in a mood right now to spend money on color sheet film, or thaw any. Besides, It's been quite windy. I'll try again next week with MF gear instead of the 8x10. People are going to Pt Reyes more now, yet still below ordinary summer numbers. I also wasn't in the mood for any company, so went to one of the lesser known spots where I had the whole parking lot, wildflower trail, and lovely cove and beach all to myself for the day. Waiting for breaks in the wind took some patience, but I got off one 8x10 shot.

The permit system for dispersed camping along Redwood Creek just opened up...day hiking permits have been happening for a month. There is a locked gate on the road down to the Tall Trees Trailhead -- they are keeping it to groups of four, a max of 55 people camping in the Park's part of the drainage. I won't see many people as I head farther up the creek than most, but it is a holiday. Walking up the creek, one can walk right by some of the nicest pocket groves without realizing they are there. Very private. Full moon...if the fog does not move in early. Elk, bear, otter and various other critters...might meet a few relatives...

Just got back from some backpacking with the 5x7. Here's a pic of my pack and camera upon arrival at Redwood Creek (a 1.25 mike hike down from the trailhead)...ready for a few miles hike up the Creek where I will be joined by a couple friends in a couple days -- they are taking a far more difficult way in.

And a pic from my camp.

I removed the lens and back from the camera body and put them in my pack to lighten up a little while transporting it. Six holders -- came back with two unexposed holders -- the best light was on the day we hiked out -- so it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On_Creek_Pack.jpg   From_Doloson_Camp.jpg  

Flickr.
    Mt Bident & Quadra, Banff National Park
    Finished print from last week's outing test roll on Plaubel 670, Foma 400 in Pyrocat print on Oriental Seagull FB (11x14)

Flickr
    Mt Babel, Banff National Park

Another finished print off the test roll. Nostaglia.... printed on the last Forte Polywarmtone vc fb (11x14). That paper was magic!
    Last edited by Greg Y; 25-Jul-2020 at 08:49.

Ray Van Nes

Adox keeps promising a replacement but have yet to see it out and on the shelves. Very nice print by the way.