Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

After giving a four-day process-orientated workshop in Yosemite Valley and taking my time packing up the van full of various plastic tubs of tools, contact printing frames, Expert drums, gelatin, and so on and so on, I pointed the van towards the 120 exit with a planned stop at the bridges over Cascade and Tamarack Creeks. The film is yet to be developed, but this is the camera set-up for what might be too busy of a scene. But once going through the effort to set up, I was committed to burn some film!

Not a relaxing situation with the water on three sides of me all leading over the edge of Cascade Falls directly ahead. The second image is about what the 5x7/180mm lens saw, but the B&W film was exposed at 1/15th and at 1/8 of a second. I'll get to the film this week! If the image doesn't work, I still had a good time trying. After this image I went up Tamarack Creek just a little ways where I could nap while the light changed on my next set-up. Much more relaxing!

And one more image for fun. Cascade Falls from Turtleback Dome. Tamarack Creek comes in from the left, just before the Falls.

In the photo with my 5x7 in it -- Turtleback Dome is the bald bit of granite up on the far right, just below the horizon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5x7_TamCas1.jpg   Conflu_TamCasCrs1.jpg   CascadeFalls4_23a.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Won’t say I’m a flatlander, but that first one makes me nervous…excited about the prospects for the second one, though!

Yellow Springs 4 Norma HP5 D76 Arista Multigrade by Nokton48, on Flickr

Yellow Springs Sinar Norma 4x5 90mm F8 Norma Schneider Super Angulon HP5+ D76 1:1 Arista #2 RC Omega DII laser aligned Omegalite Dektol 1:2.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Yellow Springs 3 Norma Ortho D76 Arista Multigrade by Nokton48, on Flickr

Yellow Springs 4x5 Sinar Norma 90mm F8 Norma Super Angulon Ilford Commercial Ortho D76 1:1 Omega 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned Arista Multigrade Dektol 1:2

― Mark Twain

Yellow Springs 2 Norma Ortho D76 Arista Multigrade by Nokton48, on Flickr

Yellow Springs 4x5 Sinar Norma 90mm F8 Norma Super Angulon Ilford Commercial Ortho D76 1:1 Omega 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned Arista Multigrade Dektol 1:2

― Mark Twain