Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Treasured Lands book

Re: Treasured Lands book pre-order

Have two local Libraries getting the book. I think it will be popular. Well done, beautiful images.
    If you have Libraries where you live make contact and push them to add the Book to their collection. From early comments by patrons the book will be more than worth it.
    One of the nearby small town libraries does a monthly newspaper article as well as a radio promotion show. TREASURED LANDS will be featured in both this time.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Re: Treasured Lands book pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Have two local Libraries getting the book. I think it will be popular. Well done, beautiful images.
    If you have Libraries where you live make contact and push them to add the Book to their collection. From early comments by patrons the book will be more than worth it.
    One of the nearby small town libraries does a monthly newspaper article as well as a radio promotion show. TREASURED LANDS will be featured in both this time.
    Thank you so much Willie. To bring Treasured Lands to fruition, I had to make a substantial investment. The publisher is a small family-owned company. They have few resources for marketing, so I am responsible for most of it. We have to compete with brands such as National Geographic, so I critically depend on word-of-mouth to help pass the word around.

I was very pleased that not only my hometown (San Jose, CA) libraries got the book, but also it seems quite popular (5 out of 6 copies checked out!), as shown in the screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sj-library.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	164427

Re: Treasured Lands book

QT, only happy to give the book a boost for the Libraries. I know some have radio shows or newspaper space on a regular basis. One of our nearby Libraries does and the head person is going to make sure to talk/write about the book.

It is well done and a good addition to the collection of any Library. Hope you sell enough to have to go into more printings.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

This is a terrific book QT. I have been through it twice now and am really enjoying some of the photographs.

Thank you very much for all of your work here.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

After the first two, I didn't want to bug you with a dripping of individual award announcements in this thread, but now that the main award season is over, I am very pleased to report that Treasured Lands has won six national book awards out of the seven entered: http://qtl.us/2srIEOO

And well-deserved, QT. Congratulations.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Three things:

If you purchased the book on Amazon, if you would leave a review (http://www.amazon.com/dp/1944903003/ ) I'd be much grateful. Although you may think that since there are already quite a few reviews, yours would not make a difference, keep it mind that it is a numbers game, so each review counts. It doesn't have to be a long a review. Even a single sentence or even a few words describing what you enjoy most about the book would be useful!

I currently have a sale: 25% off signed or limited copies of Treasured Lands. 1 week only. If you plan to give the the gift of the National Parks with a special copy, I can do personalized inscriptions. Use coupon code "thanks" at http://www.treasuredlandsbook.com

I have new question/poll in the Lounge (I mention it here since some don't normally read it) related to Treasured Lands and I am always interested to hear what you think.