View Poll Results: Should this thread stay or go?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it! It's not too political.

13 56.52%
  • Delete thread! It is too political.

10 43.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should this thread be Deleted? Thumbs Up or Down? - sample from the Romans

multiplex

Re: Should this thread be Deleted? Thumbs Up or Down? - sample from the Romans

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Silly Rabbit, pointless is as pointless does. Wait! Another poll: Should one comment on a thread one doesn't like? Yes, no, maybe so?

yes, but only if that person provides the rest of the onlookers with free popcorn to watch the show

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Do we need voter username protection?
    Indeed! When a friend runs for office the virtue of the secret vote becomes obvious.

Regarding the original post - a silly idea. Let it go.

Foamer

Well, I guess the only thing further I'll add is, if we are going to vote on threads, my vote is for sale. First guy offering me free use of his Chamonix 8x10 has me in his corner. (Unless someone ups the ante and throws in a few sheets of film, he he!)

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Rate posts, not threads.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Somewhere in this earth it must be a full moon!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Somewhere in this earth it must be a full moon!
    Now that is funny! One of my brothers lives far away on the left coast. When I mentioned the full moon he said, "Cool. Here we see the other side."

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    What I want to know is why would you be using a 14 in. lens? Wouldn't a wider one be better?
    Kent in SD
    Not if he wants to capture a bikini-clad Brigitte Bardot protesting the seal hunt.

Seriously, I don't have a problem with the photographer stating up-front that the photograph was made because he's bothered by the cruelty of the seal hunt. My objection would be with others such as myself jumping in and pointing out that seals are the rats of the sea, their population in the St-Lawrence gulf is at or near an all-time high, they're preventing the recovery of the cod stocks, and seal hunt protesting is perhaps a bigger economic boost to the economically depressed region than the seal hunt itself ever was. So if hundreds of people are chartering ships and helicopters and filling hotels to come photograph people clubbing seal cubs, and if the locals don't want the gravy train to stop, they'd better oblige and photogenically club some baby seals....

This sort of hypothetical comment would be highly detrimental to the original thread as it would be guaranteed to derail discussion, start a pie fight, and force closure of the thread.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Yes, Jody, that would have a very undesirable effect on the forum community - not that you'd ever do such a thing either in reality or hypothetically.

What wonderful images! how disturbing! It amazes me what humans do, but then I guess we do what needs to be done / what we are accustomed to doing.
    PS, what is that thing at lower left, looks like a super high tech cooler, where can i get one, mine for camping always melts the ice too soon... wait do they even need a cooler where they are?

Jody, at least when said hypothetically it is an amusing comment. (And even if said in reality it is a great counter perspective to have, just should not be argued, let people go elsewhere and gather their own facts.)
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

I don't even know what thread you are talking about. There is too much deleted nowadays do to exquisite sensitivities. This is a private side and the moderators are free to do as they wish. But the rest of us have no business trying to "delete" others. If you want to delete things join the State Department. If you want to censor speech go to college.