Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: LFPF censorship and moderation

8thsamurai

Re: LFPF censorship and moderation

He also just PM'd me my full real name and email address, like some kind of internet tough guy. It's weird that he would think that upsets me, I put my name on my website. Does he think it got there by magic?

Quote Originally Posted by 8thsamurai View Post
    He also just PM'd me my full real name and email address, like some kind of internet tough guy. It's weird that he would think that upsets me, I put my name on my website. Does he think it got there by magic?
    What an idiot on every level. That's why I have had him on my ignore list for some 2 years.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by RHITMrB View Post
    It seems that we were right about at least some of the people coming down on the side of the thread being closed. Take a good, hard look at yourself, moderators, and ask if you want to be seen as supporting the position of people like this.
    We do not associate with any side. The fact that there ARE sides committed to engaging in flame wars is the point. The equivalency of preventing a flame war with agreeing with one side or the other is logically vacuous.

Had this been a topic with a different set of advocates, we'd just be hearing from different people.

Rick "who has no interest in engaging the issues advocated by the 'sides'" Denney

My opinion obviously does upset you.
    After all... You have been 'Trolling' myself and others -- All afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    We do not associate with any side. The fact that there ARE sides committed to engaging in flame wars is the point. The equivalency of preventing a flame war with agreeing with one side or the other is logically vacuous.

Had this been a topic with a different set of advocates, we'd just be hearing from different people.

Rick "who has no interest in engaging the issues advocated by the 'sides'" Denney
    Like it or not, by closing the thread and by equating transgender people with Nazis, white supremacists, and terrorists, you (collective, as in the moderators) have come down firmly on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thsamurai View Post
    ...and people like that are allowed to continue to harass other members on this forum... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
    After all... You have been 'Trolling' myself and others -- All afternoon!
    Wow, the puppetmaster reveals himself! Well played, sir, well played.

8thsamurai

Quote Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
    After all... You have been 'Trolling' me and others -- All afternoon!
    I took the liberty of correcting your grammar, use reflexive pronouns properly when calling me out for trolling to distract from accusations of homophobia.

LFPF censorship and moderation

Quote Originally Posted by RHITMrB View Post
    1. Like it or not, by closing the thread and by equating transgender people with Nazis, white supremacists, and terrorists, you (collective, as in the moderators) have come down firmly on one side.

...2. and people like that are allowed to continue to harass other members on this forum... why?

3. Wow, the puppetmaster reveals himself! Well played, sir, well played.
    1. Equating groups willing to light fire to the forum over the topic they hold dear is not moral equivalency between what those groups believe. Our feelings on the morals of each group have no bearing on the decisions we make. If you can't accept that such is possible, then I think you'll struggle with calm discourse over topics you care about.

2. Everyone is harassing everyone in this thread, and we are willing to let it go for a while to see what light might be allowed to pass through the heat and smoke. You are not without blame, as identified (at least) by 3. But if you received a PM you think violates the forum guidelines, report it and we will take action. Edit: this thread reinforces the need for moderation and our current guidelines, it seems to me.

Rick "lack of affirmation does not constitute a position" Denney

We have at least two nude threads and some gun posts too but pictures of transgender people are not allowed? That's objectively wrong and I don't believe the inclusion of text makes a difference - it can be ignored just as easily as technical details about exposure and development can.

Having said that, the tastes of the general populace are such that moderating the thread the way it was moderated is the best way to go about it. I don't like it personally but can appreciate that it needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    1. Equating groups willing to light fire to the forum over the topic they hold dear is not moral equivalency between what those groups believe. Our feelings on the morals of each group have no bearing on the decisions we make. If you can't accept that such is possible, then I think you'll struggle with calm discourse over topics you care about.

2. Everyone is harassing everyone in this thread, and we are willing to let it go for a while to see what light might be allowed to pass through the heat and smoke. You are not without blame, as identified (at least) by 3. But if you received a PM you think violates the forum guidelines, report it and we will take action.

Rick "lack of affirmation does not constitute a position" Denney
    1. Excuse me, but this post strikes me as even more ridiculous. When were the morals of transgender people at issue? I've said it before and I'll say it again: actions can have consequences that are not intended. You may choose to ignore these consequences, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Yours is exactly the kind of thinking that contributes to the continuing stigmatization of this minority and others. I have no desire to contribute to a community that does such a thing, intentionally or otherwise, and I know I'm not the only one in this thread with that perspective.

2. Regardless of what you think of my posts, I don't think that any of them rise to the level of "harassment," as attempting to intimidate a member by sending him his personal details does. I also don't think I have to be the target of such behavior to criticize the fact that it is allowed to happen on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by unityofsaints View Post
    We have at least two nude threads and some gun posts too but pictures of transgender people are not allowed? That's objectively wrong and I don't believe the inclusion of text makes a difference - it can be ignored just as easily as technical details about exposure and development can.

Having said that, the tastes of the general populace are such that moderating the thread the way it was moderated is the best way to go about it. I don't like it personally but can appreciate that it needs to be done.
    No, no, you have it wrong. The photos are allowed, but quotes from the subjects are not. That makes it totally okay.