Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 Film Holder Case?

Re: 5x7 Film Holder Case?

Probably too late for the OP, but I use the Photobackpacker film holders. He seems to still have some 5x7 for sale on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Which-pocke...t/293099748199

Look in the "member made products" forum, Daniel Stone of "Stone Photo Gear" custom makes all sorts of cases and covers, a real asset to the community.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

I like my 4x5 Cascade wrapper from PhotoBackpacker. If you csn find one in 5x7 snap it up.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Every now and then, Bruce makes a post here about an upcoming run of cases. That's how I got my 5x7 Cascades
    Last edited by Fred L; 22-Jun-2019 at 04:31.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Up to six 5x7 or 13x18cm film holders lives inside the same 1610 Pelican roller case with the 5x7 Sinar Norma next to the 115mm Grandagon and Minolta Spot F meter. The entire outfit lives in one 1610 Pelican roller case.

Film holders are usually stored in gallon zip lock bags, One bag for unexposed film holders, one bag for exposed film holders. Film holders were taken out of their bag for this Foto..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x7 Norma case & film holders.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	192642

Bernice

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

A couple of weeks back I had the good fortune of running into a batch of brand new (they were tagged as used in Ex condition but in reality they were never used) 5x7 Fidelity Elite holders. So I bought 4 at $29.99 ea to bring me up to my target of 10 5x7 Fidelity Elite holders in new condition. I searched the internet for the seller of the previous 5x7 case I bought that holds 5 holders but he's not advertising cases at this time. However I did run across this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/f-64-FH-5x7...ss!94541!US!-1. This case is identical with their 4x5 case but without the zipper or outer mesh pocket. I order 1 and two of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-4x5-5x...TutX294qQ9rRCA. I found that the case will hold 6 holders comfortably and 5 snugly with the pouches with 2 in each pouch and the 5th by itself. The case , like its 4x5 counterpart, is perfect for backpacking: you can attached it to the pack, belt, or over your shoulder just like the 4x5 version.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    A couple of weeks back I had the good fortune of running into a batch of brand new (they were tagged as used in Ex condition but in reality they were never used) 5x7 Fidelity Elite holders. So I bought 4 at $29.99 ea to bring me up to my target of 10 5x7 Fidelity Elite holders in new condition. I searched the internet for the seller of the previous 5x7 case I bought that holds 5 holders but he's not advertising cases at this time. However I did run across this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/f-64-FH-5x7...ss!94541!US!-1.

Thomas
    Thanks – funny I just bought that one today too. Daniel Stone's cases look awesome, I want to pick up some of his stuff in the future, but the shoulder strap on this one sold me on at least trying it. Seems like I'm always setting up the camera, then moving it and having to go back to my pack to get the holders because they weren't strapped to me.

Check Home Depot for one of the Husky Tool Bags. I have two of them and they fit 6 - 5x7 holders. I don't see them on their site but I bought one in February so they should still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester McCheeserton View Post
    Thanks – funny I just bought that one today too. Daniel Stone's cases look awesome, I want to pick up some of his stuff in the future, but the shoulder strap on this one sold me on at least trying it. Seems like I'm always setting up the camera, then moving it and having to go back to my pack to get the holders because they weren't strapped to me.
    Contact Daniel, I'm sure he would be happy to make one with a strap.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Lunch totes are the way to go - slightly insulated/padded, and about the right dimensions in the adult sizes (kiddie sizes are for 4x5). The Office De Pot here in Silver Spring has been peddling a line of totes by "The Foundry" of Providence, Rhode Island. They "carry" in the vertical format but front-load into a stack. A bit inconvenient for grab & go mode, but they easily hold five, and with a bit of a coax on the zipper, six 5x7 holders in a zip lock. I have one with set of old-school wooden ones inside & it is perfect. If the Office shop is a bust, try the maker's home in Providence.-alfredian