Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 Film Holder Case?

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

5x7 Film Holder Case?

For those of you that shoot 5x7 format, how do you carry your film holders? Recently I purchased a 5x7 reducing back for my Toyo's and have been using Calumet 4x5 film holder cases. However a 5x7 holder is a little too long for the case and top flaps do not close like they should. Looking for something that I can carry 5 or 6 holders.

Thomas

Re: 5x7 Film Holder Case?

This case is good, but hard to find now. You may be able to find a good lunch box for 5x7 holders.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=5x7+film+case

Eric Woodbury

I use ammo boxes available from army/navy surplus and the like. They are unbreakable, waterproof, airtight, and heavy. One box holds 9 each 5x7 holders or 13 each 4x5 holders. Recently, I am trying Igloo 12pack coolers. Much lighter. I only use either of these for transport in the car or storage at home. Once away from the car, I just put a few in the camera bag with the lenses.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Photographer

I keep 5x7 holders in ziplock bags (2 per bag) --gallon size-- and then in a photobackpacker case, which is no longer available. If they are in a pack, the ziplocks are enough.
    Keith Pitman

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    This case is good, but hard to find now. You may be able to find a good lunch box for 5x7 holders.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=5x7+film+case
    I hear ya but it was too late when I saw that. I bought the 8x10 version when they first came out but never thought that I would one day be shooting 5x7. If anyone has the 5x7 version for sale please PM me.

Thomas

Foamer

I'm using the padded kids' lunch box. Also use these as cases for my 4x5 field cameras. To look more professional, I use the Sponge Bob one for the film holders, and a Thomas the Tank Engine one for the cameras. Thomas is a very useful little engine.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quick and cheap---
    Hard---Plano plastic ammo box from Walmart or Amazon. The size you want is about $5 IIRC.
    Soft----Thermal insulated lunch bag. Igloo makes them, Coleman too IIRC, on sale now for the "back to school" trade, try Target, Big Five, or Walmart.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I emailed this guy in 2016 about a 5x7 holder case but never received a response. The site is still up, anyone know if he's still in business? or have one of these 5x7 holder cases they want to sell me?

Les

https://www.kmart.com/inland-product...p-05744030000P

Thomas, not sure what you'll find under this name, but I have several covers for my 5x7's....and these came in black. What I like about them is that they accommodate the film holder in ziplock (anti static) bag, nice padding + side pocket for lens cap, etc. You might be able to spot something under "netbook cases" (or slips ?) that will fit what you need. If you know someone who does alterations and is good with sawing machine (you ?) it's possible to create a folding case, where you could slide 3-4 of the film holders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x7 holder.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	192599