Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Favorite Wooden Tripod

Re: Favorite Wooden Tripod

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Bob, there are two different series of Berlebach tripods, the smaller Report series and the much larger UNI series. Each series's are available with or without leg stops. And the ones with leg stops have a setting for continuous leg spread. Each series also has hooks for leg spread chains to control the leg spread that way, if desired and each series also offer trays that attach onto those hooks.

Just saying Berlebach does not tell us what type of Berlebach you had. And, the leg spread locks for the past 4 years have 5 stops rather then the lesser number on older models.
    Bob - I understand your need to promote the products you import, but I will stand by my opinion about the comparison of Berlebach to Ries -

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    I have very few maintenance issues with either my J or larger Ries. I rinse them off after each outing, esp if beach salt air or sand was involved. Lube the leg articulation elements once in awhile, maybe a tiny bit of super-fine wet/dry sandpaper polishing if corrosion is present. I never need to overtighten the knobs, even though these tripods have gone through hell and back.
    I had one of those chrome pins that connect the lower arm at the base which goes to the leg lock control fall out on my Ries A100. I called Ries up to order a new one. They were really surprised that this happened and mailed me a new pin for free. They didn't even care that I bought the tripod used. Those pins are pressed in and the lady at Ries told me that if I wanted it pressed in I would have to ship my tripod to them. I just tapped it in with a hammer. Easy Peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mann View Post
    Bob - I understand your need to promote the products you import, but I will stand by my opinion about the comparison of Berlebach to Ries -
    Bob, I don't import or sell anything and havent for more then a year and a half. I was only pointing out that just saying Berlebach in comparison to a specific tripod model from someone else is meaningless. Unless you specify what you are comparing to what.and are you talking about an East German model or a post reunification version. They are quite different!

Drew Wiley

Ries has incredible warranty coverage. I one dropped a tripod off a cliff and broke a leg. I told them it was my fault and insisted on paying for the new leg. They
    insisted on replacing it at no cost.