Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In search of bag bellows...

In search of bag bellows...

I both a Wisner 4x5 and 8x10. I am looking for bag bellows for both. Also the bellows on the 8x10 could use a touch of work.

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Re: In search of bag bellows...

Quote Originally Posted by Petermi View Post
    I both a Wisner 4x5 and 8x10. I am looking for bag bellows for both. Also the bellows on the 8x10 could use a touch of work.

Thanks for any help.

Pete
    Out of curiosity, what lens wouldl you use with a Wisner 8x10 that would require a bag bellow?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Barber View Post
    Out of curiosity, what lens wouldl you use with a Wisner 8x10 that would require a bag bellow?

I have an old protar that I like a lot. I believe it goes to about 135mm, but my me memory could be off a bit.

Pete

You might check with Ivan's Camera. He found a Zone Vi bag bellows for a friend of mine traveling Europe. I Understand that whole transaction went quite well.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by Petermi View Post
    I have an old protar that I like a lot. I believe it goes to about 135mm, but my me memory could be off a bit.

Pete
    Again, it was only idle curiosity, but I have a 120mm Nikor SW that I don’t use because, for me, it is just too wide. It only barely covers an 8x10 and I did not use much, if any, movements with it, but I don’t remember any need for a bag bellows when using it on a Wisner 8x10. Anyway, seeing your post and remembering how godawful wide the 120 was, I just wondered how short your lens is that you need a bag bellows with it.

Steve,

I appreciate your concern. It is much appreciated.

I have become convinced I will not find Wisner bellows. I may have a better chance finding bellows that will fit 2 or 3 camera brands.

Pete

As far as the 4x5 versions go, Wisner manufactured the early US-made Zone VI cameras. It may be that a Z-VI bag bellows will fit your Wisner. I would ask Richard Ritter, a member of this forum, since he was "present at the creation" and still works on view cameras, as well as makes his own. www.lg4mat.net.

Some of the bag Wisner bag bellows were maroon on the inside, and not black. If this matters, it's worthwhile to ask.

I see two problems with this. It's Maroon, so might result in color casts with color film. Not being black, it would reflect more light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    As far as the 4x5 versions go, Wisner manufactured the early US-made Zone VI cameras. It may be that a Z-VI bag bellows will fit your Wisner. I would ask Richard Ritter, a member of this forum, since he was "present at the creation" and still works on view cameras, as well as makes his own. www.lg4mat.net.
    And a 6 pack of Beer goes to Mark. I looked over his site. I will call him tomorrow.

Pete

If you can find any bellows, preferably with lots of pinholes and light leaks (), send the frames to Custom Bellows in the U.K. and have a set of bag bellows made for the camera. This might be the best, overall solution.