Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement parts for Wista 45SP

Re: Replacement parts for Wista 45SP

Jeesh...back in the days it was certainly a different $! Early 1980's When I finished my second college degree, I decided to go ahead and purchase myself a replacement field camera for a Linhof Kardan 4x5 camera that I had sold. I had also previously owned a Toyo field camera, but I really liked the capability of the Wista 45SP design and decided to go with it. So, San Diego CA photography store visit I ordered the Wista 45SP, compendium lens shade, 460mm extension rail, bellows to match, bag bellows, and a number of Wista lens boards. I know the total cost was less than a thousand dollars, U.S.
    Just checked out B&H Photo (all special order of course), $5,439.99 for the camera, $410.99 for the lens shade, extension track $389.99, bag bellows $679.99, long bellows $831.99 = grand total of ~ nearly $8k with a used Fujinon SW f8 75mm lens.
    And, I haven't had need for parts, for six decades now, I've used it in the field and being careful with it, it hardly shows worse for wear.

I can say decidedly that whatever modest amount even at today's prices one might invest into and purchase a few parts to restore any used version of Wista's fine cameras, they are a lifetime camera.

One other nice product specific to the Wista line is their "Recessed Wide Angle Lensboard"... unique design offers good benefits in using wide to super wide angle lenses ... 1) easy access to the lens front for settings 2) front lens board tracks are out of the field of view.

Look for a Wista beater on the-bay and cannibalize it for partsd?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

A few years ago I simply wrote to Wista in Japan. They sent me the screw I needed for free.