Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 200 mm Imagon mount for Graflex

Big Negs Rock!

Re: 200 mm Imagon mount for Graflex

As I mentioned above, the 200 Imagon covers 8x10. I never tried it on the 11x14 I had, but that would probably be pushing it. ;-)
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Thank you, Hendrik, however you have considerable bellows extension there, no?
    If you do, then the actual focal length is considerably longer than 200mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Jac, that's a fair comment that reflects a common misconception, viz., that focal length varies with extension. Focal length is what it is. The lens' image circle varies with magnification (= varies with extension). There was a discussion of that here, see post # 3 in http://www.largeformatphotography.in...-lens-coverage

I have a different criticism of Hedrik's claim that the lens covers 8x10. As he shot it, there's no doubt that it illuminates 8x10. His subject has no detail, nothing at all, really, towards the edges. We can't evaluate how well the lens renders fine detail near the edges of 8x10 as he shot it. We can't, therefore, determine whether it covers 8x10 as he shot it.

Too many of the shots posted elsewhere to make the point that a lens covers a format suffer from a lack of fine detail in the subject towards the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    I must admit this was a small cat and a portrait distance of 16 inch, bellow extension about 16 inch too.
    Landscape on 8x10 I will try later

Big Negs Rock!

I shot my Pavilion of Three Friends at near infinity, and the coverage was complete. I don't think any Imagon renders fine detail very well & that's the point of the lens. It's a Pictorialist Lens.
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Big Negs Rock!

Near infinity on an 8x10 camera.
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    The problem isn't coverage. The problem is the amount of halo at the desired aperture at the desired magnification. Many people prefer the effect at 7.7 with the second disk fully open. But when you then use the 200 on 45 that degree of halo will be different at the same magnification as it would be on ,edium format. But the halo from the 250 at that setting and disk and magnification will be the same as the 200 on medium format. And, technically, the 120 and 150 Imagons were actually made for medium format up to 66/67.
    Rodenstock had discontinued Imagons shorter then 200 or longer then 300 sometime before 1986 when we became the Rodenstock distributor. Some years before that a German portrait/wedding photographer named Bernhard Schmactenburg went to the Rodenstock factory and negotiated a deal where he would buy entire production runs of the 120 and 150 which would then be only sold and distributed by Schmactenburg. He also went to Prontor Werke and arranged for a special version of the Prontor Professional shutter with unique controls that he would then mount those Imagons into for use on Hasselblad C and EL cameras as well as his own focusing helical system and adapter mounts and tubes for other MF and 35mm cameras. Originally, in the USA the Schmactenburg system was only sold through a portrait studio in Texas. After a few years Rodenstock then asked us to take over the distribution of those special lenses so we then did so with Schmactenburg up to about 1996 when we transferred the Rollei MF distribution to Samsung who, at that time, owned the Rollei factory.
    Burghard Schmachtenburg
    I must have still some prospectus
    i have the Zörkendörfer(Zoerkendörfer)200 with HB-V/F and one more helicoid for P67.and multifocus with Symmar 150 RZ67.
    Zoerk was a Mamiya -man.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    Burghard Schmachtenburg
    I must have still some prospectus
    i have the Zörkendörfer(Zoerkendörfer)200 with HB-V/F and one more helicoid for P67.and multifocus with Symmar 150 RZ67.
    Zoerk was a Mamiya -man.
    He was a MAMIYA man but then he was producing stuff like the Imagon adaptors, the Mini and the Macro Schnecker systems on his own under his name.

When Burghard made his system he got an exclusive from Rodenstock for the 120, 150 and 200mm Imagons and, at that point, he became Zorks competitor. Rodenstock was giving Burghard a good size corner of their Photokina booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Woods View Post
    I shot my Pavilion of Three Friends at near infinity, and the coverage was complete. I don't think any Imagon renders fine detail very well & that's the point of the lens. It's a Pictorialist Lens.
    They do a pretty good result with the smallest disk with all peripheral holes closed.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    He was a MAMIYA man but then he was producing stuff like the Imagon adaptors, the Mini and the Macro Schnecker systems on his own under his name.

When Burghard made his system he got an exclusive from Rodenstock for the 120, 150 and 200mm Imagons and, at that point, he became Zorks competitor. Rodenstock was giving Burghard a good size corner of their Photokina booth.
    Schmachtenburg of Solingen(famous german town for knives)

Minimacro - Maximacro given up(dont know why):

Bob i have a big problem now or two:
    cannot find the Rodenstock-prospectus anymore. they are on different HDDs.

1. need Imagon-informations now. yes i have seen someone selling prospectus or downloads.

2. had my 200mm Zoerk-imagon disassembled for dustcleaning-first image. dont know where to mount the lens. Many thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191014_195024.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	196534
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rodenstock-Zork_ImagonFocusingMount_03.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	196535
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch