Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying 8x10 film in Brussels?

Re: Buying 8x10 film in Brussels?

There's a couple of shops that could deliver on order, but I don't think anyone is likely to have 8x10 on stock - at least not consistently. Your best bet would be to mail order from fotoimpex.de or macodirect.de and have it delivered to your hotel/accomodation. If you get the timing right, it may just work out, but it'll be tricky.
    You could also give the guys at Grobet a call (grobet.be). They don't list any 8x10 on their website, but if anyone is likely to have any lying around in Belgium, it's them.

Finally, you may want to shoot Matheiu Bauwens a message; he's from Belgium and also shoots 8x10 IIRC. He's probably the most likely user on here to be able to help you out with some pointers.

If you cannot find any film, you can at least enjoy the beer and chocolate

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

La Hulpe
    Kodak SA/NV
    Rue Général de Gaulle 62
    La Hulpe 1310
    Retrait des commandes chez Eye- lite Ouvert du lundi au vendredi de 9hà 12h30 et de 13h30 à 17h30 16F bvd General Wahis, 1030 Bruxelles
    Phone:+32 2 357 36 89
    Fax:+32 2 357 36 91

This is Kodak's Brussels sales office for movie film. Being a part of Kodak, they may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Thomas

Andi Heuser

Quote Originally Posted by koraks View Post
    There's a couple of shops that could deliver on order, but I don't think anyone is likely to have 8x10 on stock - at least not consistently. Your best bet would be to mail order from fotoimpex.de or macodirect.de and have it delivered to your hotel/accomodation. If you get the timing right, it may just work out, but it'll be tricky.
    You could also give the guys at Grobet a call (grobet.be). They don't list any 8x10 on their website, but if anyone is likely to have any lying around in Belgium, it's them.

Finally, you may want to shoot Matheiu Bauwens a message; he's from Belgium and also shoots 8x10 IIRC. He's probably the most likely user on here to be able to help you out with some pointers.
    Thank you, I will see if I can contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    If you cannot find any film, you can at least enjoy the beer and chocolate
    You would think carrying that 8x10 all over Belgium I would loose some weight. But no, I always enjoy too much beer and chocolate when I am there
    Ryan Mills

Hello Ryan,

I just run out of 8x10 today... I take my LF film from http://labo-argentique.com/produits/...-feuilles.html

Aurelien react very quickly, so if you had problems, it can be solve in a couple of days.

And if you want to meet, it will be a plaesure !

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu Bauwens View Post
    Hello Ryan,

I just run out of 8x10 today... I take my LF film from http://labo-argentique.com/produits/...-feuilles.html

Aurelien react very quickly, so if you had problems, it can be solve in a couple of days.

And if you want to meet, it will be a plaesure !
    Merci mathieu!
    Ryan Mills

Hello Ryan, I remember we already have this discussion several weeks ago and I remember you prefer to work with TriX only, maybe you can contact the Campion shop ; http://appareilsphotoscampionbruxelles.be/fr

Process supplies in London http://www.processuk.net/

Will, i suspect have everything you need,

Processing in Belgium might also prove challenging you might well need to get on the train to london to get that done,

I

Grobet in Antwerp (mentioned already) might be able to get some if they haven't got it in stock. Alternatively there is a shop at the other end of the country in Ieper, Retro-Camera, that may have it (I bought 4x5 there, rather than 8x10). There are bound to be other places which we don't know about of course, but within Belgium I have only bought stuff in Ieper and Antwerp.

As mentioned, there are plenty of mail-order places that can deliver within 48 hours, if that is plannable.