Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see how you store your gear!

Lets see how you store your gear!

Post images of however/wherever you store your camera(s), lenses, etc.

I recrently moved my office/lab to a room in our basement. I have less overall space as I'm sharing the room with my wife, but I do now have my developing and everything in one room and a bathroom I will be converting to a dark room, so plus and minus. I have been storing it in an old chinahutch with a rechargable silica thing, but that cabinet will not fit in my new place, so I'm looking at a dry box or something.

I'm curious what your storage looks like

And go...
    Ira Summers

Re: Lets see how you store your gear!

I would not store gear in a darkroom as it's apt to get water / humidity damage of some sort.

No pix, but I have a rolling tool cabinet like a mechanic would use to keep most of my lenses and cameras in, except for the gear I'm using which is in a bag ready to go. It's in my garage which has a dehumidifier running so my other tools and car don't rust out.

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    I would not store gear in a darkroom as it's apt to get water / humidity damage of some sort.

No pix, but I have a rolling tool cabinet like a mechanic would use to keep most of my lenses and cameras in, except for the gear I'm using which is in a bag ready to go. It's in my garage which has a dehumidifier running so my other tools and car don't rust out.
    I wouldn't store anything in the dark room, humidity and chemicals at the lest. I was trying for a thread like the photo sharing and "post your LF camera" but apparently there isn't any interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ira Summers

Too embarrassing to show. My camera is sitting on the floor in my study with a garbage bag over it to keep the dust off. Tripod is leaning in the corner. Little knapsack with everything I need is next to it, except the film holders are in the dark closet where I load them. At least when I want to go, everything is right there together ready to just grab and go. I need to figure out something better

Mine looks like tool boxes. I used to sell Snap-On.
    Tin Can

Pelican rolling case or Photobackpacker backpack.

All of the above! A couple of lenses under the paperwork on my desk (although I now have a dedicated lens drawer) the Technika on top of a file cabinet, the 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 Linhofs on top of a steel shelf in another room,the Harrison changing tent under one of my wife's grand pianos where it's easy for the cat to take a nap in it on occasion. Film in the garage freezer, whereabouts of my Protar casket set and my 305 mm Repro-Claron unknown at the moment, etc etc etc.

Photo gearthat is used is kept in used "catalog" cases or hard shell computer cases bought at the GoodWill thrift store, The shooting kit(s) live in camera bags as complete grab-n-go shooting outfits. Everything sits slightly off the floor under the cloths hanging on my side of a very small so called "walk-in" closet.

A few heirloom or legacy cameras are in a small display case in a living aea of the house: A Kodak Primo 4x5, A Leica M-3 and a Rolliflex. All were given to me by my wife's Grandfather. There are a few others that are somewhat less note worthy. A few have been slightly used. None are particularly desirable to collectors. All are either shooters or decorators.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

oh man

a ton of stuff in my studio.. maybe 8 or 9 cameras and a dozen or so lenses

then there is a display case in my living room for all my display cameras and lenses AND about 6 big lenses I use..but not too much

then a big closet in my bedroom with a ton of other cameras and accessories I use, but not a lot (canon screwmount rangefinders, stereo cameras and such) and about 8 tripods that aren't in the studio

around the house..on coffee tables, etc are various projects and such

nope..not married (anymore)

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

All of my cameras and lens are stored in waterproof or aluminum cases with desiccant. The first thing I do when I purchase a camera, binoculars, telescope, etc., is to buy a hard case to house and transport it in. If you don't, it will look like crap in short order.

Thomas