Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ginette Clement and Bob Carnie

Re: Ginette Clement and Bob Carnie

The Big One is on Oct. 16th at the TRIDENT HALL, 145 Evans Avenue, Toronto.

Fred: There's a better way to get good deals (instead of the Gordie Howe's moves): Be one of the seller. You'll be able to buy some stuff before it opens to the public.

Or, like me, being friends to one of the organizers

See ya!!!

Ok I think you are now talking about a Camera / Darkroom Sell Meet, I have never gone to one of these, it would be like putting a 5 year old boy in a Candy shop .

you know you wanna Bob etc, Aside for the gear it's worth digging through the books and tin types/stereo/ historical photos etc, for that one gem. A friend found a glass slide of her town/village in England and was beyond chuffed at the serendipity of the find.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginette View Post
    Thanks for the kind words on my lumens. I think also than we should try to see the original prints when it is possible. I'm really impressed by the Sandy King Portfolio carbon prints I saw at Bob gallery as well as the 2-3 colors layers of gum printing that Bob did for his own work and for others photographers.

I think that when Durst owners meet, they talk about theirs enlargers! In fact in a moment of distraction, I get the head of one of my Durst 184 all the way up and I cannot have it down now, that what Len tried to help. The motor have a curious behavior (both motors act the same way), I have to have it up a little to be able to get it down and actually it is all the way at top. I will post some pictures and info in the Durst 184 topic. I have a manual crank so maybe I will remove the motor the get it down.
    Speaking about enlargers, Bob' DeVere 11x14 is quite stunning.
    Ginette,

I only mentioned my thoughts on your work because what I said is true.

Maybe (like others here) I am a little defensive as my wife says I talk too much about photography. And while I DID show you a picture about MY Durst enlarger, we did talk about yours. My wife would be upset that I did not show you any grandchildren pictures, just the enlarger...

And yes, Bob's big DeVere enlarger is a sight to behold.

Good seeing and talking to you.

Best wishes,

Len

In addition to the above show, when Bob sent out an e-mail he mentioned that there was to be a two day demonstration of alternate photographic processes October 1st & 2nd, so I responded to confirm to Bob that I would be there.

It has been a couple of great days and learned a lot thanks to Bob and his crew's patience and effort, although I think my work shirt says lackey #3 on it, as I can time to 30 minutes in 5 minute increments, most times...

Bob and Paulette demonstrated Pt/Pd printing and gum tricolour printing, and tricolour gum over Pt/Pd printing, including coating, exposure, and processing, and the training of lackeys...

A great weekend, and would like to thank Bob and his crew for the opportunity, insights and knowledge, and their patience.

Now have a homework assignment to get some answers to some other questions...

I wish I lived in Toronto... sometimes.

So, as I said in a previous post, I went to see the exhibition at the Dylan Ellis Gallery.

I was amazed about Ginette's photographs and also the other exhibitors. It was also great to meet Mr. Jessup who made beautiful color pictures.

And it was a pleasure to meet Bob. He showed me all his material for doing/matting pictures and, like he said on a post here, I was like a 5 years old boy in a candy shop

Except the exhaustion due of the long road (leaving St-Hyacinthe at 4AM to be back at 9PM) and the heavy rain I met during the way, it was a great day.

Thank you, Bob, for all your hard work!

Et Ginette, bravo pour cette exposition, ce fut une très belle découverte pour moi! (sorry for this French phrase)

Have a nice day!!!
    Jeff