Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on moderation

Re: Feedback on moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I would prefer Stone name us 'evil-doers'. Stone please make a list and post it here.
    Bad idea. Why give Stone the power? His complaint is easily dismissed. As Brian Shaw wrote, Stone's 'list' might be a composite character. Stone might just have a quirk sensitivity. If he finds a problem with individuals then he should learn to mentally filter.

FWIW, I read everything you write, especially DIY subjects. It's all good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Bad idea. Why give Stone the power? His complaint is easily dismissed. As Brian Shaw wrote, Stone's 'list' might be a composite character. Stone might just have a quirk sensitivity. If he finds a problem with individuals then he should learn to mentally filter.

FWIW, I read everything you write, especially DIY subjects. It's all good stuff.
    Thanks Jac. Good advice, but lately I am speaking my mind a bit more, both here and where I live.

Your positive feedback is wonderful to hear. Thanks again!
    Tin Can

I've said enough, don't worry about who is who, the point seems to have been misunderstood.

Good luck everyone in whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    pjd and Jmarmck,

You're not one of the people I'm referring to either, I mean people with little world experience who claim to be, people who tell tall tales to make themselves sound like they are an authority when they aren't. People who post incessantly about their understanding and experience that they make up. But because it's impossible to prove their aren't telling the truth, and lying isn't against the rules, they are allowed to post with very little moderator retraction, but who sully the waters with their false words.

You're not at all one of those people.
    With all due respect, when you point a finger, there are three pointed back at you. None of us is so perfect that we are devoid of flaws that others might point out, including sometimes seeing our world through the alternate-reality filter.

And when you attack the character of others, you lose the right to complain if others decide to attack your character.

Rick "a little advice" Denney

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    And when you attack the character of others, you lose the right to complain if others decide to attack your character.
    Especially when you then blame the the subjects of the attack for misunderstanding the point of the attack.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    With all due respect, when you point a finger, there are three pointed back at you. None of us is so perfect that we are devoid of flaws that others might point out, including sometimes seeing our world through the alternate-reality filter.

Rick "a little advice" Denney
    I did say I used to be guilty of some on a previous post and that I am continuing to work on that.

Also again, the entire point seems to have been overlooked and focussed on the incidental comments. There's no attack on character. The point is that this type of moderation CAN have the POTENTIAL to push good people away. That's all. Yes a certain TYPE of photographer who IS valuable to the knowledge side of the forum. That was the point.

That does NOT negate the value of everyone else, who are the people who then learn from these people and share experiences of their own as well.

I was once a new person, I worked professionally in the digital world but was new to LF, now I have SOME experience under my belt as both a LF hobbyist and using LF in my professional work. But I see the value in the very few working professional LF photographers because they know the current business much better than the rest of us.

I thought you said you said enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Especially when you then blame the the subjects of the attack for misunderstanding the point of the attack.

LOL.
    I asked a question here sometime ago about who moderartes the moderators.

The bottom line is we know who the good moderators are they never cause any controversy, and they are fair. Names I trust are Tom Wsestboor, Ralph Barker, Oren Grad. However I don't think the moderating here has had consistence and that's not neccessarily individulas faults rather a lack of leadership.

There's some poor moderating from just one or two and making personal statements when moderating is wrong (Rick you are one of the main culprits).

We all have different perspectives but I'd say overall the moderation of thios Forum is currently excellcent, maybe over the top in the Sales/Wanted but that's only an issue really for the Moderators, it's working though.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    I asked a question here sometime ago about who moderartes the moderators.

The bottom line is we know who the good moderators are they never cause any controversy, and they are fair. Names I trust are Tom Wsestboor, Ralph Barker, Oren Grad. However I don't think the moderating here has had consistence and that's not neccessarily individulas faults rather a lack of leadership.

There's some poor moderating from just one or two and making personal statements when moderating is wrong (Rick you are one of the main culprits).

We all have different perspectives but I'd say overall the moderation of thios Forum is currently excellcent, maybe over the top in the Sales/Wanted but that's only an issue really for the Moderators, it's working though.

Ian
    Ian, what makes you think my comment was not part of a strategy we discussed together?

Rick "don't assume" Denney

Beverly Hills, California

I know moderating must be tough thankless task. I use both this site and APUG. I noticed a change in tone of this site over the years, so I use APUG mostly. I wonder if we here at LF forum are suffering from symptoms of Low T as we age?