Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Osiris F1 film processor

Re: Osiris F1 film processor

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    Anyone out there ordered or tried one of these recently? They are still selling the F1 in China, plus the tanks on eBay. It’s very cheap but wonder if they still only ship to China? I’ve emailed them regardless to ask, so hope to hear back soon. Keen to hear ofvuser reports though as it looks like it has been refined over the last few years?

http://www.osirisfilm.com/page86?_l=en
    Hopefully you will hear from a user. You might want to ask on some of the other forums i.e. Photrio / APUG

I haven't had a reply email so I'm guessing they're not interested in selling to anyone outside of China, as others in this thread have indicated. Price is in the "too good to be true" bracket, and the processor can't accomodate the Jobo 3005 Expert drum for 8x10" processing anyway, but it's still an interesting unit.

I haven't had a reply email so I'm guessing they're not interested in selling to anyone outside of China, as others in this thread have indicated. Price is in the "too good to be true" bracket, and the processor can't accomodate the Jobo 3005 Expert drum for 8x10" processing anyway, but it's still an interesting unit.
    I would be amazed if these units are in production. A bunch of neat pictures on the Web are one thing. If these were out there and available, and operating you would see on youtube etc. There's plenty of Jobo copy reels etc. Out there, I tried a Jobo like 35/120 reel it was pretty sloppy, loose. The seller was very nice refunded my money. I have used the black plastic panels from China with my genuine Jobo 2509n reels, the panels worked fine. My thought was maybe the tanks and reels are coming from a separate injection molding company. ???
    When I need to replace my Jobo CPP2 it will be with a CPP3. I will be buying one in the next year or so just to make sure I have one. The CPP3 looks really heavy duty.

They are out here. I live in Beijing, I reviewed an early sample with a friend, but he ended up sending it back. A second friend bought one and has been using it for over a year now. He has no issues with it and runs a couple rolls and a handful of 4x5 a week through it.

May I ask why he sent it back? I really wish there was more information about the unit out there as it's an attractive proposition for the supposed price.

Can you elaborate on what you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue4130 View Post
    They are out here. I live in Beijing, I reviewed an early sample with a friend, but he ended up sending it back. A second friend bought one and has been using it for over a year now. He has no issues with it and runs a couple rolls and a handful of 4x5 a week through it.

May I ask why he sent it back? I really wish there was more information about the unit out there as it's an attractive proposition for the supposed price.

Can you elaborate on what you think of it?
    It was an early model from the first batch. Fit and finish wasn't what he was expecting for the money. (mixture of screw types, flashing left on the plastic parts) I personally would have kept it, but it wasn't my money

The Osiris looks suspiciously like the Jobo ATL-1500; the control panel is on the left instead of the right and the drum lid is absent. I don’t know about the internal guts but I have to wonder, even by the looks of it alone -
    No patent infringement? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by blue4130 View Post
    Please see if they can post a video. It's very interesting. In China, can you just order one up and get it in a week? It's clearly based on Jobo design, but the electronic internals are 30 years newer. Has to be different.

No offense intended, I would not be a customer.

IF there is hard tooling for the machine that's quite an accomplishment. I hope it works out. Getting the product into the US, Japan, EU etc. would be a challenge.
    Best Regards Mike

Thanks for extra info, Vance. I wish I could somehow order one from here in New Zealand. If it’s reliable and works well and can do 8x10”, I’d be in. No replies to my email though.

A friend enquired at a Chinese store on my behalf. They do sell these machines on special order; seems menu is not able to be set in English and the company or shop does not ship outside of China.