Thread: Scoville Albion Camera, sized 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 film holders & such

Scoville Albion Camera, sized 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 film holders & such

Hello from Colorado---Some of you have been very helpful so far as I have had contact with a couple of forum members, however, I need to throw out a wider fishing net hoping others from this forum might partake an interest in my search. I am seeking specifically, Scovill film plate holders for this specific camera size---my understanding is that this camera is an unusual beast.---as is the tripod.

So if any of you forum people have access to Scovill film holders or a Scovill tripod please respond. Film holders are the priority at this time.

Who amongst you are 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 frequent users?

Raymond

Re: Scoville Albion Camera, sized 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 film holders & such

I have two whole plate cameras, both quite old, a Houghton Victo and a Butcher, I'm short of plate holders the ones I have were badly corroded because of wet plate use and I've not finished restoring them. Film is more expensive than 10x8 so I'm most llikely to use them with Direct positive paper.

Ian

Re: Scoville Albion Camera, sized 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 film holders & such

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    I have two whole plate cameras, both quite old, a Houghton Victo and a Butcher, I'm short of plate holders the ones I have were badly corroded because of wet plate use and I've not finished restoring them. Film is more expensive than 10x8 so I'm most llikely to use them with Direct positive paper.

Ian
    FWIW, I cut down 8X10 Kodak Carestream Ortho x-ray film for my 5X7. $80.00 for one hundred sheets. I get two 5X7's per sheet. Should work for whole plate, except you will likely get only one film per 8X10