Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x10 Arca Swiss/Horseman/Sinar P2 Conversion kits on Ebay

4x10 Arca Swiss/Horseman/Sinar P2 Conversion kits on Ebay

Hey all,

Was browsing/bumbling around e**y this afternoon, and came across some 4x10 conversion kits from a Chinese seller with the username " tssy2005 "

I don't have any affiliation with them whatsoever, but it looks like they have some cool kits to convert A standard Arca/Sinar P2/Horseman 4x5 camera into a 4x10 panoramic setup. Pretty nifty!

Simply searching "4x10 Arca Swiss" should bring it up, they have the Sinar and Horseman kits in their storefront as well.

cheers,
    Dan

Re: 4x10 Arca Swiss/Horseman/Sinar P2 Conversion kits on Ebay

There are various sellers offering these 4x10 backs, and for me it sounds very interesting, but I have noticed that the bellows is not interchangeable, and a bellows like the one provided, probably will not allow vertical shifts with 110, 115, 120 or 150/155 mm lenses, because of rigidity at short lengths. I shot a lot of 6x12 with a Sinar Zoom film holder in my Sinar camera, and the standard 4x5 bellows, does not allow much movements even with a 150 mm, so I must use a wide angle bellows from 55 to 155 mm lenses. If this 4x10 back would accept interchangeable bellows, an there were a wide angle bellows available, I would buy it the first day I saw the ad.
    I also doubt the focusing screen will be OK for using wide angle lenses. Anyway, I would like to know from any one who has really
    used one.

Dave Karp

A first hand user report would be interesting. I may have missed it, but do they say which holders work with this back?

Of course, the last thing I need is more LF stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I saw those and have also wondered what holders fit. I take it there are two types of holders? Long 4x5 size and narrow &x10?
    The two main "standards" for 4x10 that people talk about are Wisner and Canham. Way back, Tuan compiled some discussion on the topic on this static page:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/4x10.html

Beyond what was said in that discussion, Chamonix and Shen Hao have since entered the market with their own wooden holders, and I've also seen 4x10 holders of unknown specification and unknown manufacturer offered from time to time by Chinese vendors on eBay.

I just purchased one after I saw the set in the store of the manufacturer. The set was well made and looks good to use. Now the maker is making the below for me cause I'm using my Arca Swiss F-field with 110 front stand. I will be able to test it in a few days. I do have some concern on the below rigidity. From my past experience, normally the below was too rigid for the wide angle lens usage. I asked the maker to consider that. Let me wait and see the results.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gchu1970 View Post
    I just purchased one after I saw the set in the store of the manufacturer. The set was well made and looks good to use. Now the maker is making the below for me cause I'm using my Arca Swiss F-field with 110 front stand. I will be able to test it in a few days. I do have some concern on the below rigidity. From my past experience, normally the below was too rigid for the wide angle lens usage. I asked the maker to consider that. Let me wait and see the results.

Can you ask the maker if they can start making bag bellows as an option? If they can make the bellows removable, then I think they'd have more interested buyers(like yourself) who use wide-angle lenses

Just a thought

-Dan

OK

I was just 'glancing' at this item for the Horseman L Series Cameras (4X10 inch format frame for Horsman L series single rail view camera)...
    --
    Unfortunately, based upon the 'Design' of the 4x10 Format Frame (*And more 'specifically' how it attaches to the Horseman Rear Standard)...
    I would "Not touch this item with a ten-foot pole." Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
    Unfortunately, based upon the 'Design' of the 4x10 Format Frame (*And more specifically how it attaches to the Horseman Rear Standard)... I would "Not touch this item with a ten-foot pole." Sorry!
    What is it about the attachment that is a concern?