Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anywhere but SK Grimes for lens aperture plates & remote shutter release mounts?

Anywhere but SK Grimes for lens aperture plates & remote shutter release mounts?

I recently got my hands on a SA 75mm (not multicoated) for a steal of a price. The catch was that it didn't have apertures engraved nor does it have the little steel mount where you would normally screw in your remote shutter release. I can see screwholes missing screws, where I assume the plate and fixture were removed from. Can I find these parts for a reasonable price that doesn't include labour of some kind, like at SK Grimes? I know on my 90mm SA there is a plate that the apertures are engraved upon, and so I assume it is the same for the SA 75mm.

Re: Anywhere but SK Grimes for lens aperture plates & remote shutter release mounts?

And the shutter is a ...........?

Re: Anywhere but SK Grimes for lens aperture plates & remote shutter release mounts?

Well, for the aperture plate, if you are not picky, can be a tape, printed strip label, or other blank strip that can be marked, when you know what the wide open stop is, you can stop down with a digital light meter on the GG (lens aimed at a evenly lit surface), and note/mark where the pointer reads one stop less, and so on... That will get you into the ballpark...

A repair shop might know where to get or have the release block for the shutter...

Good Luck!!!

Steve K

Precision Camera in Niles, IL

SK Grimes charges $30 to engrave an aperture. Just how cheap do you think it can be done? L

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    And the shutter is a ...........?
    Sorry, it is a Copal 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Precision Camera in Niles, IL
    Do they also sell the small metal fixture that sits next to the shutter release switch for affixing a remote shutter release cable? The "release block".

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    SK Grimes charges $30 to engrave an aperture. Just how cheap do you think it can be done? L
    I was under the impression they charged a 50$ flat rate. Perhaps I misread the page.

Also, if it's a missing part, instead of one that was never there, I'd like to try and find it here first. Either that or purchase the parts for a pittance and install them myself. SK Grimes is a great place, but shipping to them involves me paying a bit of extra money because I do not live in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by senderoaburrido View Post
    Sorry, it is a Copal 0.

Do they also sell the small metal fixture that sits next to the shutter release switch for affixing a remote shutter release cable? The "release block".

I was under the impression they charged a 50$ flat rate. Perhaps I misread the page.

Also, if it's a missing part, instead of one that was never there, I'd like to try and find it here first. Either that or purchase the parts for a pittance and install them myself. SK Grimes is a great place, but shipping to them involves me paying a bit of extra money because I do not live in the United States.
    Call and ask them. They are the US authorized service center for Linhof and Arca and what you are looking for are common items.

Dave Karp

Perhaps contact Schneider?

You can buy a copal #0 shutter release stock mount on Ebay.
    Just search for Copal #0 stock mount.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    You can buy a copal #0 shutter release stock mount on Ebay.
    Just search for Copal #0 stock mount.
    Wow! Those are way more expensive than I thought.