Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have been a member of this forum for more than sixteen years....

Re: I have been a member of this forum for more than sixteen years....

As for suppression of women and with regards to this portrait, Evelyn Nesbit was a popular model and chorus girl who parlayed her image into social success; a Gibson Girl, famous for being famous. Who was using whom at that time is open to debate, as Kasebier was a woman as well (if that means anything), and Nesbit had hundreds of her portraits done by most of the well known photographers of the time.
    PS I don't believe Garret was claiming authorship, it's a very well known photograph. Y'all are picking nits.
    PPS Gudmundur Ingolfsson may not have English as his first language
    PPPS nevertheless to use the phrase "a division of the GESTAPO" in reference to this is sadly derogatory to god knows how many millions of people who died in the 12 years of 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Moderators: my vote is ANY time someone posts a "I'm whining because this forum is Sooooo bad now.....because I Caaaaannnn't talk about Pooollllitics...!!" you should just delete the post immediately. .
    And Gudmundur fell for exactly what I was describing. He should head to the sites that like that kind of switch-er-roo. I don't.
    Now you, Mr Big Negative, come in on your first post, trying to keep the politics going. You guys are sick, go find another place to drive your Complaintocracy (government by those who complain/protest the loudest).
    Wow! You, Mr goamules, are quite full of advice..!

Sure am! This forum is about PHOTOGRAPHY. Not whining about how hurt you are because of people telling you to shut up about politics.

Sure am! This forum is about PHOTOGRAPHY. Not whining about how hurt you are because of people telling you to shut up about politics.
    Maybe, just maybe, before you tell someone to "shut up" calling them "sick" you should read the guidelines of this forum?

"not to abuse other site users - including posting offensive comments (like personal attacks or insulting language), sending them threats, unsolicited bulk email or commercial solicitations, or baiting/enticing them to violate forum guidelines."

Or maybe being unemotional is not just your thing.