Thread: silver plated print

silver plated print

Hi,

is anyone knows the technique of plated silver print using bleaching the print and toning with hydroxylamine sulfate ?

This link describes the few informations i've read: http://www.alternativephotography.co...silver-plating

Olivier

Re: silver plated print

What is the question ? Does it work: yes, I tried it, many, many years ago..it's nice to work with, but more for the novelty, the effect is so out spoken that it is not widely applicable. it works on some images.. Try to get hold of Judy;s original publication (Seigel, Judy. The World Journal of Post-Factory Photography. Issue #3. New York: Post Factory Press, 1999.)..I seem to recall there were some special tricks regarding processing..

good luck,

Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    What is the question ? Does it work: yes, I tried it, many, many years ago..it's nice to work with, but more for the novelty, the effect is so out spoken that it is not widely applicable. it works on some images.. Try to get hold of Judy;s original publication (Seigel, Judy. The World Journal of Post-Factory Photography. Issue #3. New York: Post Factory Press, 1999.)..I seem to recall there were some special tricks regarding processing..

good luck,

Cor
    Yes, it does work. It is too bad that publication of the "Journal" ceased. There was a lot of up to date useful information in each edition.

Hi,

thank you for you help.

I've tried the formula found at the previous link on a Van Dyke print bleached with potassium ferricyanide and potassium bromide but it doesn't work. I obtain a print that seems equal to the original van dyke print without mirror / shiny effect...

I suppose it needs modern photographic paper or RC paper to work.

Olivier

Hi !

thistime that's better i've used sodium chloride and not potassium bromide in my bleaching bath and now i obtain the gray silvery appearence.

Olivier