Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Licensing Images For Clothing? Anyone Know this Outfit?

Licensing Images For Clothing? Anyone Know this Outfit?

Anyone know anything about this outfit?

Got this e-mail yesterday.

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 11:06 AM, Erica C. at VIDA <erica@shopatvida.com> wrote:

Hi There,

Hope you’re doing very well.

I am reaching out to extend a special invitation to you to collaborate with our company, VIDA. We think your artwork would be a wonderful addition to VIDA's collection of art as wearable apparel. At VIDA, we transform 2D artwork into elegant, scarves, tops, and dresses, and we'd love to add your artwork to our collection!

A little bit about VIDA:
    VIDA is a Google Ventures-backed fashion e-commerce platform that brings together artists and apparel manufacturers from around the world to create original, inspiring apparel in a socially conscious way. We work with manufactures all over the world, and we offer literacy programs to our factory workers.

Becoming a VIDA designer is an easy 2 step process and should take less then 10 mins.
    1: Create your profile at studio.shopvida.com
    2: Upload your artwork to create your products
    Note: VIDA is 100% free to join and post artwork.

I hope you'll accept our invitation to become a VIDA artist and join our ever growing global community of artists and designers. We will be deeply honored to have the opportunity to work with you.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. I’m really looking forward to your submission on studio.shopvida.com! I've included a bit more information about the process of becoming a VIDA designer below.

Best,
    Erica Carter
    Head of Artist Relations

44 Tehama Street | San Francisco CA 94105
    Phone: 1.877.529.VIDA | Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm PST
    website | email

A little more about the process:
    After your images are approved, we will make a special branded page for you with your artwork transformed into high-quality apparel and scarves. You may then share this page with your friends, family, and fans to help promote and sell your designs. We will produce, package, and ship your products to your customers and you’ll receive 10% of the net sales for every product sold, with no limit to how much you can earn. You earning depend entirely on your sales.

We’ve worked with world-renowned fine artists, photographers, designers, illustrators, and creatives like Trey Ratcliff, Lauren Rader, Karen Hutton, and Karen Walrond. Artists from VIDA have been discovered by and written about in popular publications and blogs including Women’s Wear Daily, Fashion Times, Fashionista, and more.

Unsubscribe
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Vancouver (Burnaby), BC, Canada & Hong Kong, HK

Re: Licensing Images For Clothing? Anyone Know this Outfit?

They've been going around pretty actively. One big warning: they're promising 10% of *net* sales. It's pretty easy to make that next to nothing.

The site, though impressive visually, is a bit confusing to me. It appears that they want me to buy stuff.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

No, I think they want you to convince your family, friends, and associates to buy stuff so you'll get 10% of the net sales. Perhaps you can sell them some Tupperware at the same time.

On the other hand, you can take comfort in the fact that they're not just honored to have the opportunity to work with you, they're "deeply honored".

When I see the words "reach out" I reach for my revolver ...

I second the "reach out" comment. They really want you to hit them up, I think.

We will produce, package, and ship your products
    You are a photographer, right? So they print your images and frame and ship them?? I'd ask to see their darkroom.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You are a photographer, right? So they print your images and frame and ship them?? I'd ask to see their darkroom.
    We think your artwork would be a wonderful addition to VIDA's collection of art as wearable apparel. At VIDA, we transform 2D artwork into elegant, scarves, tops, and dresses, and we'd love to add your artwork to our collection!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

transform 2D artwork into elegant, scarves, tops, and dresses,
    One can only wonder why?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clothes06.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	150353

Well, I tried out the site yesterday. Had to work with their on-line help desk exchanging messages step-by-step. Did well enough o upload an image from the discard pile to see how the process works. They have a technical group that reviews each upload to determine if the image file is technically workable in their system (file size and file type etc) and wether the image itself is something they are willing to have on their website (body parts and text message I guess). An e-mail will come in two or three days saying if it is acceptable or not. Then the item is posted ("goes live") and is available for purchase.

The amoun tof exposure and marketing promotion a product gets depends on how many units are sold. the first ten units have to be sold before anything more than a minimal listing is made. After ten units are sold there is a notice on their subscribers on-line news letter. There are other plateus at 25 and 50 units, with some really nice promotion on the website and elsewhere.

So there is potential, but I am not holding my breath. I'll give it a cautious and limited whirl and let you all know what is what.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com