Thread: An adaptor to fit Polaroid 600SE back to Graflok back?

An adaptor to fit Polaroid 600SE back to Graflok back?

Hi all,

Does such an adaptor exist that would allow me to use my Polaroid 600SE back on a view camera fitted with a Graflok back? A quick search shows a Mamiya Universal "G" adaptor, but I think this allows a Graflok back to be fitted to the Polaroid camera, rather than the Polaroid back to a view camera?

I haven't seen the "G" in person, so it's a little confusing to try to envision how the pieces would come together. My apologies if my question seems a bit muddled. My intent is to use the Polaroid back I have to proof 4x5 work with Fuji 100C, rather than buy a new or old 145 back. (With the instant thing now near extinction for 4x5, everything has become really silly price-wise.) Yes, I could just use the 600SE, but I think it might be more useful as a beginning LF person to have a proofing back on the view camera to check how well I've focused, composed and lit what I'm shooting.

Here's the Polaroid back I have, showing the mounts that would need to be adapted for Graflok use.

Thanks for your considered advice and suggestions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polaroid 600SE film back.jpg  

Re: An adaptor to fit Polaroid 600SE back to Graflok back?

The G adapter is for mounting baby Graflok (2x3 form factor) rollholders on the 600SE. It's not relevant to your 600SE packfilm back.

Are you aware that FP-100C has recently been discontinued in the 3.25x4.25" size as well? It's still available for now, but at an increasingly steep premium - for example, B&H is showing it back-ordered with indefinite shipping delay, at $24.99 per pack.

Re: An adaptor to fit Polaroid 600SE back to Graflok back?

Thanks for the reply, Oren. Guess I'll just have to keep looking for an appropriate, "reasonably" priced back to go along with the vanishing film ~