Thread: Epson Stylus Pro 11880 Large Format Printer

Epson Stylus Pro 11880 Large Format Printer

Hi, I'm looking for a large format printer so that me and my partner can create some banners for her business. She regularly sets up community events so it would prove very useful to have our own printer. Now I'm noticing quite a gulf in price with some of the printers I have been looking at so its making it difficult to know what it is that makes some of them so pricey and why you can get some for pretty damn cheap. I've found the Epson Stylus Pro 11880 Large Format Inkjet Printer on a second-hand for sale site selling at around the £2,500 mark but with room for negotiation. Brand new you are looking at nearly double that apparently so it sounds like a good deal. It is a little more than we'd intended to spend but we can manage it at a push. This does up to 64" so would prove very useful for all kinds of sizes of banner. Has anyone got any experience with this particular printer, is there another brand or model I should be looking up? I found this one by chance and took a shine to it but I don't want to leap in if there are better choices out there for the money. How much would you spend on a banner printer to get the desired quality and format capabilities? I think 64" is ample and a good number, I also want the print quality to be high.

Re: Epson Stylus Pro 11880 Large Format Printer

You might also post this question over on he printing section of the Luminous Landscape website http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?board=6.0. Questions about banner printing pop up over there occasionally.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by 3dformatter View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a large format printer so that me and my partner can create some banners for her business. She regularly sets up community events so it would prove very useful to have our own printer. Now I'm noticing quite a gulf in price with some of the printers I have been looking at so its making it difficult to know what it is that makes some of them so pricey and why you can get some for pretty damn cheap. I've found the Epson Stylus Pro 11880 Large Format Inkjet Printer on a second-hand for sale site selling at around the £2,500 mark but with room for negotiation. Brand new you are looking at nearly double that apparently so it sounds like a good deal. It is a little more than we'd intended to spend but we can manage it at a push. This does up to 64" so would prove very useful for all kinds of sizes of banner. Has anyone got any experience with this particular printer, is there another brand or model I should be looking up? I found this one by chance and took a shine to it but I don't want to leap in if there are better choices out there for the money. How much would you spend on a banner printer to get the desired quality and format capabilities? I think 64" is ample and a good number, I also want the print quality to be high.
    Quote Originally Posted by biedron View Post
    You might also post this question over on he printing section of the Luminous Landscape website http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?board=6.0. Questions about banner printing pop up over there occasionally. Bob
    Ah ok, thanks bob, makes sense to go and check that out then, appreciate the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dformatter View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a large format printer so that me and my partner can create some banners for her business. She regularly sets up community events so it would prove very useful to have our own printer. Now I'm noticing quite a gulf in price with some of the printers I have been looking at so its making it difficult to know what it is that makes some of them so pricey and why you can get some for pretty damn cheap. I've found the Epson Stylus Pro 11880 Inkjet Wide Format Printer for sale on a second-hand site selling at around the £2,500 mark but with room for negotiation. Brand new you are looking at nearly double that apparently so it sounds like a good deal. It is a little more than we'd intended to spend but we can manage it at a push. This does up to 64" so would prove very useful for all kinds of sizes of banner. Has anyone got any experience with this particular printer, is there another brand or model I should be looking up? I found this one by chance and took a shine to it but I don't want to leap in if there are better choices out there for the money. How much would you spend on a banner printer to get the desired quality and format capabilities? I think 64" is ample and a good number, I also want the print quality to be high.
    Quote Originally Posted by biedron View Post
    You might also post this question over on he printing section of the Luminous Landscape website http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?board=6.0. Questions about banner printing pop up over there occasionally.

Bob
    Was checking out the site last night that you recommended and I think its answered a few of the questions I had so thanks again for the help.

Glad to be of help!

Bob