OK , I have been following the thread on Beseler negative carriers. I have my interest piqued about trying to make a glass 5 x 5 carrier that will allow me to print right up to and beyond the borders of a 4x5 negative. Make an enlargement that looks like a contact print. I have never liked glass carriers, dust, rings etc. I have a very nice Elwood 8x10, I could use it, but I do 99% of my enlarger work on Beseler 4x5 enlargers, one with a color head, the other with a Zone VI VC head.

What exactly is AN glass, is it readily available, is there a drop in substitute, will plate glass work etc etc.

I can do this myself, which means I will never get around to it. Or this sounds like a good project for SKG, in wonderful Woonsocket.

Probably the easiest way to do this is just make contact prints, and live with the size.

If I could get the glass I could just sandwich the negative between the panes from a quick fix

Just curious how others have approached this. Wise council appreciated. Best Regards Mike