This is not an advert for any Internet provider. I have no pecuniary interest in the companies cited nor any Internet provider.

Last November we, meaning our condo building, became aware of a new to Chicago high speed Internet provider. As President of the Board, I actively pursued them and they us. We just got set up and it is truly a way better price, service and speed.

Not everybody can get this yet and I beleive we need fiber optic to every home, not just NA, but worldwide or perhaps WISP will do. Here is an article from Popular Mechanics that explains this new service.

We did not get service from that company, but a competitor also from SF which has now headquartered in Chicago. https://webpass.net/

This new service has cut my Internet bill by more than 50% and my synchronous speed, meaning both download and upload has increased by more than a factor of 10.

I feel this is pertinent here, as so many on this forum are scanning, printing and sending very large files. This technology makes it all easier and far faster.

Combined with a fast computer, SSD and all the RAM that fits, the Internet is now flowing like we always wanted. For now.