Thread: film profile for Ektar 100 on Imacon X5

film profile for Ektar 100 on Imacon X5

Recently I tried to scan some of my ektar film on X5, however the imacon scanning software doesnt have a film profile for Ektar 100. I tried the profile of a few different film, the color turns out to be a bit off. What do you guys do when you scan Ektar on X5?

Re: film profile for Ektar 100 on Imacon X5

Shoot a test roll (or sheet) in bright, clear sunlight. Include a grey card or colorchecker chart. Expose and process as you normally would. (I) tend to expose Ektar at 64ASA. YMMV, however, some folks expose it at 100.
    Use that test sheet/frames to set up a custom profile in the software. Using the grey card will help give you a rough starting point, close enough where you can make minor adjustments in each subsequent color channel/curves to really dial in a proper "starting" profile.

-Dan

Re: film profile for Ektar 100 on Imacon X5

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    Shoot a test roll (or sheet) in bright, clear sunlight. Include a grey card or colorchecker chart. Expose and process as you normally would. (I) tend to expose Ektar at 64ASA. YMMV, however, some folks expose it at 100.
    Use that test sheet/frames to set up a custom profile in the software. Using the grey card will help give you a rough starting point, close enough where you can make minor adjustments in each subsequent color channel/curves to really dial in a proper "starting" profile.

-Dan