Hello, I'm new here. Since a year now I'm into Wet Plate Photography. I like this forum and all the information there can be found.

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a simpel question; did anyone ever seen or hear about this lens I recently won with the highest bid on E-day?
Can you give me some information about a possible coverage, year of manufacturing, etc.

It's a barrel lens (no shutter) engraved with: "Paul Grosse Jena No 571 Doppel Anastigmat Lumiplan 1:4,5 F 240mm".

I've searched the internet to get some more information but I couldn't find anything except some old auctioneers sites where an old unbranded German stereocamera was sold, this camera had two lenses, with P.Grosse Jena Doppel Anastigmat lenses, focal length 135 mm / F6.8
The name Jena on the lens suggests a connection with Carl Zeiss, I've send them an email with this enquiry but they couldn't help me either.

The frontdiameter of the lens is about 60 mm, the backdiameter is about 65 mm, unfortenately it came without a flange.

If it works I will post a picture of the lens.

Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grosse_Jena_LFF.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	149261