Thread: Carrying 4x5 film holders if your entire wardrobe doesn't consist of cargo pants

Carrying 4x5 film holders if your entire wardrobe doesn't consist of cargo pants

I found these on amazon, and each one has a belt loop and holds three 4x5 film holders comfortably. I find them handy when I don't want to carry a backpack. They're cheap and seem to work well so far. Plus, there's a little pocket in front for the lens cap I'm always trying to find a spot for.

http://a.co/agvFLCg

Just thought I'd share.

Re: Carrying 4x5 film holders if your entire wardrobe doesn't consist of cargo pants

Thanks.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

Re: Carrying 4x5 film holders if your entire wardrobe doesn't consist of cargo pants

A PhotoBackpacker Cascade works.

Ican keep as many as 12 holders (often fewer) in the shoulder bag with the camera and other gear. I can put four film holders in a velvet Crown Royal bag for organization and to keep them from bouncing around.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I have not affiliation with Think Tank, but suggest checking out their 4x5 Film Holder Case, which I use on one of their Speed Belts along with other pouches or lens drops they offer. These pouches were made specifically to hold 4x5 film holders, and can fit 5-6 holders comfortably, or 3-4 holders along with other items as needed. Either of Think Tank's "Thin Skin," or the padded "Pro v2.0", Speed Belts are also designed to be used with their excellent Street Walker or Shape Shifter back packs, so one can have a couple of pouches on a Speed Belt while carrying a back pack with other gear. ...
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Drew Wiley

Just so somebody doesn't confuse it with real ammo, and that tripod over your shoulder for a rifle. We had an insane incident not long ago where two people
    panicked and called in that a shooter was on the freeway overpass. Not surprising, since there have been over thirty gang-war overpass sniper incidents in the
    Bay Area so far this year, many of them fatal. So the freeway got shut down, swat teams and helicopters were all over the place for hours, yet it turned out to
    be a benign event. Out in the country it might be a different story, but maybe not. Looking like a hunter next to somebody's cattle spread can also have its risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Just so somebody doesn't confuse it with real ammo, and that tripod over your shoulder for a rifle. We had an insane incident not long ago where two people
    panicked and called in that a shooter was on the freeway overpass. Not surprising, since there have been over thirty gang-war overpass sniper incidents in the
    Bay Area so far this year, many of them fatal. So the freeway got shut down, swat teams and helicopters were all over the place for hours, yet it turned out to
    be a benign event. Out in the country it might be a different story, but maybe not. Looking like a hunter next to somebody's cattle spread can also have its risks.
    Good point. But I usually have a big hunk of camera on the end of my tripod when I'm carrying it. I live in upstate NY so I've never had a problem. So far, anyway.

With olive drab and cammo being so tacti-cool, no one is the least bit worried about seeing that stuff in public anymore. You're faaaaar more likely to be reported because not using your cell phone to take a picture is weird than because your film pouch is sold to airsoft kiddies.

I usually use a cascade or other pouch from Photobackpacker, but it's good to have options. Women's cargo pants are made for looks, not cargo, and I'm not the right size to buy guy's pants.

Drew Wiley

Haaa, willaty. Try that camo routine around here and you'll either be instantly surrounded by a swat team, or more likely end up in an instant melee with gangbangers, with somebody ending up dead, most likely an innocent kid across the street. The look is passe anyway. You needed to be back in the early 70's,
    when Banana Republic started out in a little hole in the wall up the street selling surplus latin combat fatigues and combat boot, and Chairman Mao hats with a little red star, in other words, the Che Guevara look. Weapons of choice back then were bricks and Molotov cocktails, versus tear gas and clubs on the other side.
    Gangbangers play by different rules; namely, when in doubt, just start wildly shooting.