Thread: Greetings from Western North Carolina

Greetings from Western North Carolina

Hey everyone! I purchased my first LF camera yesterday via eBay. I have been wanting to try it for some time, after reading the main site front to back over the past week I decided to pull the trigger. I do mostly landscapes of the Blue Ridge Mountains and some of my shots take me some ways off the trails and into some rugged areas, so I opted for a Horseman HD. I am excited to be part of this community and learn as much as I can!

This website has been amazing, thank you to whoever runs/owns it!

Some samples of my stuff (not promoting, just showing as its all 35mm so nowhere to post it here, admin please remove the link if it does break the rules.)(most on it right now is digital, I'm behind on updating and finishing my website). www.summersmountainphoto.com

Re: Greetings from Western North Carolina

Welcome to the forum! You can post smaller formats and digital here: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...amp-Discussion

I just had a look at your website. With pictures like those, I don't know why you'd want to switch to Large Format -- it will just complicate everything, and you're already doing fine.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Welcome. Your title made me think of this video (please excuse the cosby):

Welcome to the forum. Enjoyed your website. I am about an hour north of Greensboro...if your ever over this way.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You can post smaller formats and digital here: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...amp-Discussion
    Awesome, I will post some there then too. Thanks for the link, I must have missed that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    I just had a look at your website. With pictures like those, I don't know why you'd want to switch to Large Format -- it will just complicate everything, and you're already doing fine.
    Thank you very much! I fell back in love shooting film, but 135 scanned is difficult to upsize a great deal, but its mostly just because it looks a great deal of fun. I already shoot in a similar fasion to what I have seen a LF is like, but with smaller equipment. I also like the idea of the ability to change film from shot to shot (I've not posted my Bermuda pictures to the site yet, but some on my facebook, at one point I had 8 different started rolls that I moved around my camera (Minolta 9 has a neat feature to early wind a roll of film and you can choose to advance to whatever frame # you want).

Thank you again though, I will be redoing much of it hopefully this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Welcome. Your title made me think of this video (please excuse the cosby):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	149112

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Enjoyed your website. I am about an hour north of Greensboro...if your ever over this way.
    I am actually just north of Greensboro very often near Danville VA at VIR. If you ever decide to do something around the Blue Ridge Parkway (or somewhere else) and want someone to go shooting with, please let me know! I'm in Boone, which is really not that far from Greensboro as it is (~2 hours west). (and no, I am not at App State which is what everyone knows Boone for...)