Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: do you hang your own work in your home

do you hang your own work in your home

I hang mine in the guest bedroom. It's the price my family and friends pay for a cheap place to stay.

Whenever I wonder if I'm being too proud of my own work, I always just remind myself that I don't like my photos just because I made them; but instead that I made them because I liked them (what I saw)!

Same with music composing. I don't like my songs because I wrote them; I wrote them because I liked them (the ideas that seem to come out of the blue)!

I do hang my photos, along with other photography and paintings, and I listen to my own music along with a lot of other music.

Tom

Old School Wayne

I like that answer Tom. Both parts. If I can listen to myself (attempt to) make music, then I should certainly be able to look at my photography. Thanks!

We've been in a new house for a bit over 3 years... on the walls we have one clock, a framed set of clay foot prints for each son and a large frame for each son containing 10 5x7ish B&W prints of each at similar times through their 1st 2 years of life (so technically I have 20 photos up!). Every other wall is bare and we've grown to like it like that. We have various framed pics in the garage in boxes still unpacked. My wife keeps buying school photo's of the boys and cheessy shopping centre family photo's but I don't know what she intends to do with them, cause I'll refuse to put them up! I have one wall I intend to get suitable lighting installed (it's a bit dark) and use to display both my photo's and those I've swapped with others.

Every time I print something a certain member of my family (Mother!!!!) steals it. She has quite a collection. I have one that she doesn't know about yet. I am just saving up to have it framed. My wife and I do get into disagreements about this. I like my colour work and she prefers my B&W. I think she will win on the next print.

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3240458-md.jpg

Old School Wayne

I was curious about the wooden easels that Brian mentioned above, so I want to Michaels a few days ago. I think I found them anyway, about 5.99 each for 8x10 size. They arent bad looking for 6 bucks. Being particularly poor right now I opted for the black metal ones, that were only 3.99. So far these are making great "living with" frames, and I am enjoying having a couple prints on display (I'll go back for more frames soon).