Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy gone bad Elinchrom

Re: Buy gone bad Elinchrom

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    I have four DLite 4 it units that I use professionally for six years now. They are not used hard (products rather than portraits) and not daily, but I have never had a problem with them. The build quality is good, the controls are nice and simple, the light output is consistent (color and intensity), even the accessories (bags/zippers, cords, stands, softboxes) hold up well. The best strobe system I have ever had (compared to my old Multiblitz and semi-old Hensel).

I do miss remote settings when the unit is set up very high or very low. I just memorize the buttons and use them blindly. My cell phone display also makes a convenient mirror to read the display.

If you get a good deal on the set, don't hesitate to take it. It is a very light and mobile set, easy to use and part of a vast system of strobes and accessories. If you have never had a strobe system, this is a good point to start.

Michael
    The guy got back to me a while ago and offered a very nice discount. I was thinking of maybe taking it, and if the remote situation gets to bothersome, the money saved could buy me a third monolight with full remote controls for those high positions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockos View Post
    and if the remote situation gets to bothersome,
    Generations of photographers have worked without a remote. But then again, people used to lock their car with a key and closed the trunk without electric help. Don't even get me started on those times when photographers advanced film with a little lever instead of a motor drive... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    Generations of photographers have worked without a remote. But then again, people used to lock their car with a key and closed the trunk without electric help. Don't even get me started on those times when photographers advanced film with a little lever instead of a motor drive... :-)
    Well, generations of photographers also had slave.. err.. assistants configuring their lights unpaid or for peanuts, so there's obviously some kind of boon not having to run around configuring strobes