Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can you buy those tiny screws that are used to mount flanges on lens boards?

Where can you buy those tiny screws that are used to mount flanges on lens boards?

I need some of those tiny screws to mount several lenses on boards. I went to Home Depot and ACE hardware store. They do not carry them. Does anybody know where I can find and buy them? Thanks!

Re: Where can you buy those tiny screws that are used to mount flanges on lens boards

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    I need some of those tiny screws to mount several lenses on boards. I went to Home Depot and ACE hardware store. They do not carry them. Does anybody know where I can find and buy them? Thanks!
    McMaster Carr

Re: Where can you buy those tiny screws that are used to mount flanges on lens boards

Machine screws or wood?

Wood are typically #0

machine screws down to about 1mm at a hobby shop that sells RC cars(not the cheapies) They also have drill and tap sets for them

For wooden boards. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    For wooden boards. Thanks for the information.
    Depending on weight of lens, even with wood boards I often use tiny bolts, washers and nuts. Stainless if I have them.

I always get mine at Ace Hardware.

Dave Karp

There is a place called Allen Bolt, in Burbank, CA.

Try an electronics retail store where they retail transistors resistors heatsinks etc...
    Generally you'd be able to find tiny nuts, washers and bolts.
    I've also been lucky sourcing them from hobby shops.

The lowes near me sells a little pack of brass cap screws that are just the right size. Think it was less than 2 bucks. Made by Hilman. #2 x 1/4" or #2 x 3/8" seem to do the trick. A dozen in the packet.