Thread: Epson 9900 - new printhead

Epson 9900 - new printhead

Hello guys,

may I ask you a advice please? I have to change printhead in my 9900. The serviceman wants more than 1000EUR just for the printhead. I was looking around on the internet and found this:

http://www.printheadoriginal.com/en/...9700-7700.html

What do you think please? Is it safety?

Thank you very much for your response.

Ondrej

mitch

Re: Epson 9900 - new printhead

most of these places seem to be rip off joints . I check into them when my 4880 needed a replacement head. if you should buy one make sure you use paypal or some way in which you can get your money back. lots of info on rip off reports about this.
    mitch

Sadly, that's about the right price. I just had to replace the head in my 7900 - the head alone was about $1600.00 USD and the total was about $2100.00. I do reproduction (giclee) printing every day, so that's not something that I would try to go off-brand with.
    r.j. phil
    www.rjphil.com
    N.E. Large Format Photography Collective

Prices for Epson print heads likely vary by region and country. I paid about $1200 USD two years ago just for the print head here in Los Angeles. I know people in smaller markets that have paid more. Usually when you need a new print head on a 7900/9900, you're also going to need a new capping station and wiper assembly. The capping station is in the $200-$300 range and the wiper assemblies are under twenty bucks. While you're at it, buy a few of those so you can replace them about once a year. Takes about two minutes to swap that wiper out. Printing something every few days is the best maintenance you can do on your Epson.