Thread: Photo chemicals

Photo chemicals

Is there a proper way to dispose the chemicals going down the drain? Does anyon e care? I don't want to be labeled as an environmental polluter.

Thanks in advance, Robert

Photo chemicals

Hi. Check out the Kodak website and look for Publication J300. You can downlo ad it in PDF format for reading/printing (sorry I don't have the address handy) . Also look at the terragreen website for more tips, especially if you have a se ptic system or are interested in silver recovery. The address is http://www.che rryvalley.com/terragreen Good luck. ;^D)

Photo chemicals

I called the Dept. of Environment. They have no problem with b/w developer and stop bath going down the drain. Fixer is illegal, unless you get the silver out. I worked in a photo lab that dumped C-41 and E-6 chemicals. Its not right, but it happens all the time. Me, I just hold on to the fixer till the township I live in comes by annually to pick up toxic waste. I know someone who put the b/w chemistry in jars, and then in the trash, only to sit in a land fill.

Photo chemicals

I called the Dept. of Environment. They have no problem with b/w developer and stop bath going down the drain. Fixer is illegal, unless you get the silver out. I worked in a photo lab that dumped C-41 and E-6 chemicals. Its not right, but it happens all the time. Me, I dump the devp. and stop bath, just hold on to the fixer till the township I live in comes by annually to pick up toxic waste. I know someone who put the b/w chemistry in jars, and then in the trash, only to sit in a land fill. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated,