Thread: Altered Narrative Exhibition at the City Gallery in Charleston, SC

Altered Narrative Exhibition at the City Gallery in Charleston, SC

I will have some work in an exhibition at the City Gallery of Charleston at Waterfront Park in Charleston, SC. The exhibition runs from March 19 and will run through May 1, and will open with a reception reception on Friday, March 18 from 5 to 7 p.m, free and open to the public.

Altered Narratives: 19th Century Techniques Merge with 21st Century Visions explores how historical photographic methods are being used today by contemporary photographers. Deemed “alternative processes,” these techniques have grown in popularity in recent years as photographers seek out the satisfaction which comes from the hands-on approach of crafting a photograph from start to finish. In a world of digital technology that creates limitless and effortless photography, these artists – Christine Eadie, David N. Hyman, Diana Bloomfield, Doug Ethridge, Heidi Kirkpatrick, Karen A. Vournakis, Matt Larson, Maureen Delaney, Rebecca Sexton Larson, Sandy King, Bill Vaccaro, and Kenneth Jackson – choose to create their vision using antiquated methods, which bring a distinctive style to their art. Incorporating techniques such as tintype, palladium, gum bichromate, and ziatypes into their contemporary work not only involves skill and expertise, but also displays a rare talent for combining the new with the old.

For more information, see http://citygalleryatwaterfrontpark.com/upcoming/

All of my work on display will consist of hand crafted prints made with the carbon transfer process.

If you happen to be in Charleston on March 19 I would love to see you at the reception.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Re: Altered Narrative Exhibition at the City Gallery in Charleston, SC

Looks like a really great exhibition Sandy, congrats. Wish I could be there to see the work in person.

Re: Altered Narrative Exhibition at the City Gallery in Charleston, SC

Just checked out bill vaccarro..really nice work