Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Howtek utilities question

Re: Howtek utilities question

for now I need to button this thing up and get a lot of scans done. Thank you for all the input, I've learned a lot and I hope to get back to solving this when things slow down again. Intermittent undiagnosed problems are the worst..
    Even with it working for now, there's still a problem with reflective, voltage I assume.

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Tyler, still thinking in other potential sources for the error you are getting.

I assume you have a "fresh" belt installed and the pulleys clean. Also, the drum speed tests with the FST needs the drum "mounted" to be useful. Sometimes the wearing in the tail stock bearing is too much and/or it lacks lubrication, adding enough drag to trigger the error.

If you can post a screen capture of the "drum speeds" test with the drum installed I can take a look in the numbers.

interesting, as when I began scanning yesterday I got a 702 error.. a new development. I replaced the belt, cleaned and re lubed the screw, and it's working again.
    Possibly related to your point. After taking advantage of it's current health to get this work done, I'll get back to OS9 and the FST tests and report here.
    Thanks again.
    When it rains...

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Boley View Post
    interesting, as when I began scanning yesterday I got a 702 error.. a new development. I replaced the belt, cleaned and re lubed the screw, and it's working again.
    Possibly related to your point. After taking advantage of it's current health to get this work done, I'll get back to OS9 and the FST tests and report here.
    Thanks again.
    When it rains...
    Glad to hear you are back in business. Not rush with the drum speeds test. It was intended to get an idea of the belt's condition.

Take care and happy scanning!

still experiencing occasional occasional 719 and 702 errors, but managing to get some scans done.. New problem today- intermittent green stripes in rotation direction. I seem to recall this discussed before, any advice is appreciated, thank you! This old boy seems unhappy lately...
    Tyler

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Can you post a crop of the image with green stripes?

see attached.. the crosshatch pattern is on the film, an image shot off a monitor (don't ask . This is a transparency scan. The scanner is also now occasionally throwing up random errors, the 719 and 702 mentioned before, and yesterday I got a 715. Something definitely not happy here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4500GreenStreaks.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	149239

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

It seems like something is malfunctioning in the green channel. Double check all the cables connected to the cards. Run the FST tests for the PMTs and HVPS several times until it fails.

I have also had all your scanner problems and more, jagged edges were a particular delight, the problems I found were generally caused by the lamp, alignment of the said product, and the belt. The alignment problem happened when I moved the scanner and was impossible to fix by eye, so I called in the Howtec service engineer in the UK, Pete Slynn ( http://www.pselectronics.co.uk/contact.html ) and he solved it. It might be worth getting in touch and see if he can solve your issues remotely.

Tyler,

Any chance that quality of AC power to the scanner has changed? Have you recently moved the unit to a different outlet or changed the power cable? Do you have the unit on a UPS that provides voltage regulation (or a standalone voltage regulator)?

Dave