Thread: Seikosha-SLV Shutter - Cable Release attachment

Seikosha-SLV Shutter - Cable Release attachment

This Seikosha-SLV shutter came off a Horseman Press 6x9 camera and there does not seem to be a cable release attchment on this shutter - has anyone seen one of these and did you figure out how to attach a cable release? The shutter housed a 105mm f3:5 Horseman lens and works perfectly.

Thank You

Juergen
    Juergen

Hi, Juergen! Komamura (Horseman) made lens boards with a tunnel in which to put the cable release, held by a thumbscrew. This is located at about 6:15 on the board. The tunnel assembly is affixed to the board from the rear by two phillips head counter-sunk machine screws. When the cable is inserted and locked into the cable holder, the end of the cable release impinges upon a 3mm diam. rod, 6mm in length, which is screwed into the backside of the shutter release arm - 3 mm outboard of the shutter housing. To adapt the Seiko-SLV to cable release, I machine another cable adapter and attach it to my new board at the appropriate place to actuate the shutter. Any lash-up that holds the end of the cable in close proximity to the release and causes the shutter to fire would do. But, of course, the elegant solution is to copy the design of the Horseman adapter. By the way, that Ikonta B and got from you is still taking great pictures! Good work!

Hi, Juergen! Komamura (Horseman) made lens boards with a tunnel in which to put the cable release, held by a thumbscrew. This is located at about 6:15 on the board. The tunnel assembly is affixed to the board from the rear by two phillips head counter-sunk machine screws. When the cable is inserted and locked into the cable holder, the end of the cable release impinges upon a 3mm diam. rod, 6mm in length, which is screwed into the backside of the shutter release arm - 3 mm outboard of the shutter housing. To adapt the Seiko-SLV to cable release, I machine another cable adapter and attach it to my new board at the appropriate place to actuate the shutter. Any lash-up that holds the end of the cable in close proximity to the release and causes the shutter to fire would do. But, of course, the elegant solution is to copy the design of the Horseman adapter. By the way, that Ikonta B I got from you is still taking great pictures! Good work!

These cable release adapters have been available from Midwest Photo
    mpex.com ask for Jim
    They run around $15 plus shipping.
    bob