Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Film, etc. from Japan

Re: Film from Japan

Looking at FP100C - is it 2,650 yen for a box of 10? Seems much for expensive than in the USA.

Yes, strange but true...
    On the brighter side, the "silk" version is only 2,420 Yen

Buy whatever works out cheaper/better for you.

Kumar

Posted with moderator approval

I would like to inform members that I am now able to supply brand new Toyo film holders.

Current pricing is:
    Toyo CH45II 4x5 film holders (2 per pack) : 10,000 JPY
    Toyo CH810 8x10 film holder (1 per pack) : 18,000 JPY

This price includes worldwide EMS shipping. There is nothing extra to pay.

Please use Paypal's Currency Converter to figure out exactly how much you will pay in your currency. XE and other sites state wholesale exchange rates, not the rates that Paypal uses.

Payment is via Paypal in Japanese Yen only, shipping is via JapanPost EMS only.
    Please send an email to uchinomishiharai at gmail dot com. I will send you an invoice. It will take 2~4 business days for me to ship after you have paid the invoice. EMS generally takes 2~3 days to reach most places in North America, Europe and Australia/New Zealand.

This method is for initial orders only. Once I reach a reasonable volume, I will open up a web store.

Again, please DO NOT send a PM!

Thank you,
    Kumar

Re: Film, etc. from Japan

A phone call can be very effective!

I am glad to inform members that there will be no Paypal surcharge of 5% on any film or film holders that you buy from me. This includes previous orders as well. I have already started the process of refunding the 5% that was charged. So, the price you see at Yodobashi in red figures is the price you pay me, plus EMS shipping according to the table here: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/cha...ms_all_en.html

Kumar

Nice!

In my last trip to Japan (Kyoto/Osaka) I wanted to buy ACROS/Microfine.

I bought all microfine developer available that day on the Yodobashi store. But they didn't have any ACROS sheet film, so I ended up with plenty of depelover and no film !

Kumar, glad to know that you can help us to find it. How can you sell it without the 5% charge? Did you finally opened a business and are getting film directly from Fuji? I am worried that if you cannot make profit, you will stop to do this.

I have no way here in Taiwan to find "oficial" Fujifilm LF film anymore. The only LF film available is from individuals that list them on blogs. The last store in taipei that I known of that was selling film do not stock it anymore. They even gave me the Fujifilm distributor phone number but they didn't accepted low volume orders.

I wish you good luck and to have a great business. I will not buy anything yet because my next trip to Japan will be next october to Nagoya.

Ramon, don't worry. I am not greedy But this is more about helping people get what they want at a reasonable price, rather than making a short-term killing. If more people buy film, the greater are the chances that manufacturers will continue to make it. And if my volumes do get large enough, perhaps I will be able to buy direct from Fuji. Thanks for the wishes. October is still six months away - buy some film now

Kumar

Heads up!

JapanPost has announced an increase in EMS charges with effect from 1st June, 2016. The increases are about 300~500 yen in each weight band, and the lowest band for articles weighing up to 300 grams will be eliminated. Get your film now!

Kumar

I have managed to get a discount on the following 8x10 films:

Velvia 50 NP
    Velvia 100 NP
    Velvia 100 F
    Provia 100 NP
    Pro 160NS

I am therefore offering free worldwide EMS shipping for these films.

Thanks,
    Kumar

FYI:

Fujifilm has announced the discontinuation of some 35mm films in multi-packs in December 2016. These include Superia Premium 400 and Superia X-tra 400 36 exposure 5-roll packs, Superia Venus 800 and Natura 1600 36 exposure 3-roll packs. Fujicolor Pro 160NS in 4x5 is being discontinued in September 2016, and the 8x10 size will be stopped in August, 2016. As of now, stocks are available with large retailers.

http://ffis.fujifilm.co.jp/informati...lein_0054.html (Japanese only)

Kumar