Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Film, etc. from Japan

Re: Film, etc. from Japan

I place the order immediately after your payment is credited to my account. It generally takes 3~4 days for me to receive the film, and I ship within 24 hours on weekdays. The film I sell is the freshest available anywhere, since my distributors get it directly from Fuji.

If you would like to discuss further, please send an email, rather than posting here.

Kumar

The latest price list:

Kumar: Is there a delay getting Velvia 50 in 4x5? Are they backlogged?

Alan,

Film is manufactured in batches, so occasionally there are backlogs. But right now, Velvia in all sizes is readily available. I buy direct from a Fuji distributor, who orders it from Fuji when my order is placed, so you get the freshest film available anywhere.

Kumar

I just found this thread, Kumar. AND I figured out how to translate using Chrome.
    Not buying anything at the moment but I will keep your service in mind.
    You are my go-to guy for MF/LF photography.
    I envy your knowledge of the subject.

_Karl

Kumar... I just read that Fuji is stopping sales of Velvia 100 in the US due to one of the chemicals being banned. Will you still be able to sell it to us from Japan?

Ethan,

The order states that the ban will be enforced from September 5th, 2021. But will imports be allowed until then? I am unsure. I believe banned items are supposed to be discarded / destroyed. Let me know if you'd like to place a small test order.

Kumar

For those interested in the turnaround time, I ordered a box of 20 Velvia 50 in 4x5 from Kumar on June 27th. It was shipped from Japan on July 3rd, cleared US customs July 5th and delivered to my home in New Jersey on July 8th at noon. They left it at my door without signature as most packages I receive are handled. I don't know if Kumar can ship with signature required if you need it.

Thank you, Alan.

JapanPost EMS services to the US have resumed only last month after being suspended since April 2020. But JapanPost warns of delays. Until quick EMS services restart, I am shipping via UPS with signature required. However, in the US, the requirement for signature has been dispensed with until the pandemic ends. The driver is supposed to inform the recipient about the delivery, but I believe that is not being done. It is possible to schedule deliveries when the recipient is home, so that packages are not left unattended.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Thank you, Alan.

JapanPost EMS services to the US have resumed only last month after being suspended since April 2020. But JapanPost warns of delays. Until quick EMS services restart, I am shipping via UPS with signature required. However, in the US, the requirement for signature has been dispensed with until the pandemic ends. The driver is supposed to inform the recipient about the delivery, but I believe that is not being done. It is possible to schedule deliveries when the recipient is home, so that packages are not left unattended.

Kumar
    I was surprised last week when UPS actually wanted a signature. I don't know how widespread that is, or how well enforced, but signatures seem to be coming back (in the US).