Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Photo Cart Based on an Old Golf Cart

Re: Photo Cart Based on an Old Golf Cart

Yes...bike-sized wheels. Better yet, actual racing bike wheels (super lightweight) mounted to a simple axle...over which an aluminum pack frame could ride. The pack frame's top tubes would have let-in extensions (quickly attachable/detachable), with a front belt-strap... which would create the "rickshaw" frame setup. The packframe itself would be quickly detachable from the other parts...allowing the user to scramble with the backpack into areas too rough for wheels. Should be extremely simple to create this...and I am thinking that my old L.L. Beans "Guides Frame" might just be up to the task!

Re: Photo Cart Based on an Old Golf Cart

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Beasley View Post
    I looked at those on ebay, looks nothing like the sherpa carts for hiking with cameras. They had bike size wheels and some could be collapsed a bit for narrow trails.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Yes...bike-sized wheels. Better yet, actual racing bike wheels (super lightweight) mounted to a simple axle...over which an aluminum pack frame could ride. The pack frame's top tubes would have let-in extensions (quickly attachable/detachable), with a front belt-strap... which would create the "rickshaw" frame setup. The packframe itself would be quickly detachable from the other parts...allowing the user to scramble with the backpack into areas too rough for wheels. Should be extremely simple to create this...and I am thinking that my old L.L. Beans "Guides Frame" might just be up to the task!
    It would be helpful to have a link to an example . . .