Thread: Hello from Ohio

Hello from Ohio

Hi everyone!

Currently in Columbus, Ohio (quick shout out to Midwest Photo, especially Mat Marrash for getting me into film to begin with). Started getting into photography about a year ago, started quickly with digital, but soon fell out of love with it, because of the "lifelessness" of it. Once I started film, I progressed from 35mm, 6x6 TLRs, and recently purchased a Crown Graphic w/ a Xenar 135mm lens and 6 film holders. That said, with the purchase of my new (to me!) Zone VI, I figured now would be a good time to join the LF community. I develop all of my own film in the bathroom, with which 4x5, I currently use the taco method (but looking forward to getting the 4x5 developing tank that I contributed to on Kickstarter):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cessing-system

Just got a new batch of XTOL, which I will be developing Ilford FP4 with. That said, once I'm done with that box, I'll pony up the cash to get some TMAX 100 (I especially like it when I shoot with my Rolleicord). I certainly look forward to seeing some of my shots in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, here are some photos I took out on the balcony today of my Zone VI. The seller stated that it was made from Pecan wood, but after confirming that this was not the case with Richard Ritter, I figure the seller meant Pearwood. Even though, now that I received it, it looks more like walnut? Either way, it's beautiful Since the Xenar is my only lens, I just mounted it into the new lens board, and will eventually put it back into my Crown Graphic once I get a new lens.

Zone VI 4x5 by Nathan Davidson, on Flickr

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Re: Hello from Ohio

Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Pick up an inexpensive 210mm f/5.6 lens in a modern Copal shutter. The 210 focal length will be a nice compliment to your 135 and it's large image circle will allow for plenty of camera movements.

That is a pretty camera! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. When you get your hands on the kickstarter tank, you'll have to let us know what you think of it.