Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega D3

Re: Omega D3

I have some good experience with the D3 and I pointed that one out because I think it is the correct one. It says "Automega" which is a name for the D3. Also, a D2 cone won't have a label on it for the focus track. I think they are just 1/4" off in the measurement. The D2 cone is going to be 4 1/2" and not have an indicator for the focus track.

The focus track number on that cone for sale may not be easily crossed referenced to your focus track because some focus tracks had cryptic numbers on them; frequently not the six-digit omega part number. How do you know you have a 135mm focus track. Does it say 135mm? Some are that easy to decode.

You should be able to make a bellows. The bellows only needs to move a small amount. Most of the focusing travel is via the lens cones.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I have some good experience with the D3 and I pointed that one out because I think it is the correct one. It says "Automega" which is a name for the D3. Also, a D2 cone won't have a label on it for the focus track. I think they are just 1/4" off in the measurement. The D2 cone is going to be 4 1/2" and not have an indicator for the focus track.

The focus track number on that cone for sale may not be easily crossed referenced to your focus track because some focus tracks had cryptic numbers on them; frequently not the six-digit omega part number. How do you know you have a 135mm focus track. Does it say 135mm? Some are that easy to decode.

You should be able to make a bellows. The bellows only needs to move a small amount. Most of the focusing travel is via the lens cones.
    Thanks. I may make a lowball offer on that lens cone and see what happens. I'll still need a 39mm mount, but those are easy enough to find.

The focus track that came with my D3 specifically says 135mm Rodagon on it.

I actually think making a small set of bellows might be kind of fun... Or very frustrating! I found a set here for slightly more than I want to pay, but this hobby isn't cheap. http://store.khbphotografix.com/Repl...gers-Used.html

Also, I assume these are the longer accessory bellows mentioned by someone.

http://store.khbphotografix.com/Auxi...gers-Used.html

Would these completely replace the existing bellows and the need for a specific lens cone? If so, that could solve two problems in one.

No, this fits in the lens board holder below the regular bellows. I use one of these for a 150mm lens on my Automega E. The 135 is on a 1.5 inch extension cone although if I wasn't using the extension bellows for the 150 I'm sure the 135 would work there also. I cobbled together a 4 inch cone for my 180mm. I wouldn't sweat holes in the regular bellows unless they were projecting light onto your paper. If they bother you, a little black Plastidip thinned and applied with a fine brush will seal them just fine.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by mijosc View Post
    Also, I assume these are the longer accessory bellows mentioned by someone.

http://store.khbphotografix.com/Auxi...gers-Used.html

Would these completely replace the existing bellows and the need for a specific lens cone? If so, that could solve two problems in one.
    yes that is the auxiliary bellows focusing attachment i was talking about. i have 2 of them, one for the E and the other for the D.
    when i got mine, they didn't cost anywhere near that much, sorry they cost so much ! just the same, i haven't ever bought a lens cone since 1988.
    and it allows me to use any lens on that enlarger, so i can do 110 - 4x5 without a problem, and make wallet prints too !
    the aux bellows slides in where the lens cone would go. you can fix your bellows with gaffer tape, i wouldn't make new ones by hand
    unless they are so shot they are useless, and even then, i would make bag bellows ... attach a black bag from photo paper and tape it on the top and bottom
    of where the bellows attaches. good luck !

I have the Omega D3 Dicro (Super Chromega D). My 135mm focus rail has a decal on it that states 135 Rodagon. I guess I wasn't paying attention 20 years ago when I bought my new El-Nikkor 135, 5.6 lens. I'm on my third bulb with this enlarger but, I still use the same 11"x14" sheet of 3/4" plywood to raise the easel. I hope you are 1/2 as happy with your new enlarger as I am with mine. My cone is closer to 4 3/8.....depending where you measure from........

Don